Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lowest position since…

(In the traditional sense that you need 3 league games before a table)

Anyone know? @shirty5 ?

Comments

• Options
    A snakes belly
  • Options
    Have we ever been in the L1 relegation zone? 
  • Options
    Before next season in League 2
  • Options

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Arguably statistically the worst Charlton side ever then
  • Options
    The following year turned out alright though.
  • Options
    We're going down this year and then we're gonna have a meteoric rise up the league's and win the cup in 2047. Printing money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we get our 1st win this season....which could be in February for all we know.

Addicks to victory song will be belting out as a post match celebration!
  • Options
    Is it that long ago no one knows?
  • Options
    I think the answer is probably "ever", but I'm not wasting my Saturday Night going through Home and Away to prove it.
  • Options
    We’re shit   end of 
    can’t dress it up any other way
    we’re a fucking disgrace of a football team

all this  I’ve seen it worse,  is shit 
    This is the worst shithouse footballing Cnut of a footballing club we have ever been , disgraceful 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I think the answer is probably "ever", but I'm not wasting my Saturday Night going through Home and Away to prove it.
    Why, does Alf Stewart mention it?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    When we get our 1st win this season....which could be in February for all we know.

Addicks to victory song will be belting out as a post match celebration!
    More like At Last by Etta James 
  • Options
    We’re shit   end of 

This is the worst shithouse footballing Cnut of a footballing club we have ever been , disgraceful 
    Totally agree.
    I've seen some poor Charlton teams in the past 50 years, but this lot are on a different level.
  • Options
    We’re shit   end of 

Cnut is a spelling mistake surely
  • Options
    Pretty sure we'll win a few games this season (even as shit as the team is) so at this juncture it's impossible to compare with other seasons (as a whole), but what is clear is, there isn't anyone remotely connected with Charlton at the club or in the fanbase, that hasn't known since the end of th season, that significant reinforcements were required to push on from last season's disappointment. This squad is man for man so much worse it is laughable to think that they would /could be more competitive than last season.

This begs the question, WTF is going on behind the scenes. We've done the fans enraged bit so many times, I really don't want to be starting that again, so soon. Will this end with Danish Bacon being thrown on the pitch and C.A.T.S hoodies (was wearing my CARD hoodie today - excellent quality)? 

I so much want TS to be the Messiah, but this season is not like anyone was expecting, if we go back 3 months. Please TS sort this shit out, before it's too late. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    In the 16-17 season after a 1-0 home defeat to Rochdale (11th game of the season) we were 18th.
    We'd have been on for a pretty low finish that season but picked up 13 points from the last 5 games to storm up to.........13th. We ended up 11 points off relegation.

In 73-74 we ended up 14th.

But in terms of our lowest finish before that you have to go right back to 1925-26 when we finished 21st (second bottom) of division 3 south and had to be re-elected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a point of order, you can’t necessarily compare Third Division South positions with L1, because there was a Third Division North instead of L2. 
  • Options
    Cheers @RodneysMiddleName exactly what I was looking for 
  • Options
    So, not sure what all you bedwetters are moaning about. We haven't reached our nadir. 

Yet.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

By the end of the following season, we were promoted to the Premier League. Let's do that again.