Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Don Everly RIP

edited August 2021 in Not Sports Related
Passed. 
Very sad day but, as ever with the great musicians, we’ll always have the music.

Comments

• RIP Don, grew up with there music, great harmony duo a big influence to a loot of the groups  that came later
  • edited August 2021
    RIP Don

Not many of that generation of Rock and Rollers left now. Jerry Lee, who else?

• Similarly to Simon and Garfunkel, The Everlys had voices that together created very distinct harmonies.

RIP.Don and Phil

• Shame. RIP.
  • RIP great music
  • edited August 2021
    Oh that’s sad. 
    I liked The Everly Brothers music very much.
    RIP…..Don…..RIP.
  • True talent from the days when music was not bolloxed around with in any way.

RIP
  • The Platters,The Evs,Simon and Garfunkel,Beach Boys, The Eagles
    All wonderful harmonies
    RIP Don
  • What sad news,never forget hearing bye bye love for the first time and just loved it.Don and Phil were the finest harmony duo ever,leaving countless songs that will forever live in our memory.Lucky to see them live many times over the years,often backed by the great Albert Lee.
    We will never see their equals again.
  • As a teenager I was working at Wembley Arena back in 84 or 85 shifting food and drink from one kiosk to another . On my first night it was Kiss who were the playing and I’d never heard a noise so loud . The next night was The Everly Brothers comeback tour after a big falling out . Both sat on rocking chairs and sang their hits . What a contrast ! 

RIP Don. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Don. Saw them with my parents at the Royal Albert Hall when I was about 12.
  • Everly Brothers utter utter class, and unique.
    End of an era.
  • RIP Don. Saw them with my parents at the Royal Albert Hall when I was about 12.
    What songs did your parents sing?
  • edited August 2021
    Sad day. Saw them at Fairfield Halls in Croydon back in May 1989. Loved their music. Take a Message To Mary was my fave. RIP lads.
  • RIP Don

Fats Domino
  • End of an era. RIP
  • The Price of Love. Classic. RIP Don. 
  • I dont know about the rest of you oldies on here,but I am getting pretty emotional about what seems the continual loss of my sporting and musical heroes.Not many musical icons left now from the 50-early 60s,,I think Paul Anka still performs,and a lesser known favourite of mine Charlie Gracie,The music these people provided us with seems to be timeless,I wonder in 50 years time will todays performers have the same standing.
  • One half of one of the most unique and distinctive sounds in musical history

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Don

Fats Domino

Fats passed in 2017.
  • Thanks, I didn’t know that.
  • I dont know about the rest of you oldies on here,but I am getting pretty emotional about what seems the continual loss of my sporting and musical heroes.Not many musical icons left now from the 50-early 60s,,I think Paul Anka still performs,and a lesser known favourite of mine Charlie Gracie,The music these people provided us with seems to be timeless,I wonder in 50 years time will todays performers have the same standing.
    My gran said the same in the 60s.

Plus ca change….