Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do they know it's Charlton over there..........................

Later in the year I suspect that a child in a deprived and war-torn village somewhere in northern Eritrea will be asking ‘Who are Charlton’ after I donated my unopened pair of ‘lucky’ junior socks emblazoned with the club’s name and sent to me as part of my membership gift package…..to an Oxfam clothes bank.

I’m still puzzled by the ‘gift’ of children’s socks to a 74-year-old. Was there a job lot of these socks leftover or did someone accidentally add a zero to the numbers ordered and feel the need to get rid? 

This club never loses the capacity to leave one shaking one’s head.

Comments

• Options
    I hope the poor sods who inherit those socks, don't also inherit the same curse those lucky socks have inflicted on the team
  • Options
    They sent me a flag with International Addicks membership.....
  • Options

Do they know it's Charlton over there..

Band Aid lyrics?
    Does this explain the West Stand Block D thread with the Bob Geldoff type school of “give us your f***ing money” ??!!!
  • Options
    I hope the poor sods who inherit those socks, don't also inherit the same curse those lucky socks have inflicted on the team
    Drought.
    Famine.
    Civil war.
    And then a pair of Charlton socks arrives.
    Can some poor sod's life get any worse?

• Options
    Drought.
    Famine.
    Civil war.
    And then a pair of Charlton socks arrives.
    Can some poor sod's life get any worse?

Two pairs of Charlton socks?