Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ground Ownership Implications for Club Development (Barnsley F.C)

I was reading this article from the local rag and wondered, what with RD still owning The Valley, whether that has any bearing on TS or outside investment potential/opportunities. 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/what-next-for-barnsley-fc-after-co-chairman-paul-conway-confirms-the-club-have-abandoned-plans-to-buy-oakwell-3361773

Comments

• Options
    Don't know much about Barnsley but isn't the Cryne family the family of their previous owner whom was a fan, a decent owner and passed away?  By all accounts he was a really decent fella.

Whereas their owner now is one of the wealthiest people on the planet but has missed installments due to the family on the purchase and is trying to force a knock down price on the stadium from what looks like an agreed price?

Seems somewhat mean spirited and under hand on the face of it but I may have read it wrong.
  • Options
    Could TS effectively  pick up the club he owns and build a new stadium elsewhere (for it) and leave the derelict valley and have no obligations to RD at all?  Just wondrin...
  • Options
    Can't Barnsley get the council to pay for the upgrade? Works for West Ham.
  • Options
    Could TS effectively  pick up the club he owns and build a new stadium elsewhere (for it) and leave the derelict valley and have no obligations to RD at all?  Just wondrin...

Yes he could. The golden ticket that is membership of the EFL is not conditional on playing at The Valley, we just need to be able to fulfill our fixtures.
    It would be cheaper to buy The Valley though, even at RD's inflated price.
  • Options
    I assume he has a lease agreement so would have to continue paying rent?
  • Options
    I think TS has a break clause at 10 years. IIRC.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Can't Barnsley get the council to pay for the upgrade? Works for West Ham.
    I think that’ll work for them once the Barnsley Olympics are out of the way 😄
    My whippet throwing is coming along leaps and bounds.

Unlike the whippets.
  • Options
    Although in an ideal world it would be lovely to get the valley back under the same ownership as the club but in real terms I'm not sure it matters greatly. City and West Ham seem to manage ok 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Although in an ideal world it would be lovely to get the valley back under the same ownership as the club but in real terms I'm not sure it matters greatly. City and West Ham seem to manage ok 
    I think you need to compare the tenants agreements that City and especially West Ham have got to ours. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    No problem if you're City and have unlimited funds or West Ham and you're paying naff all whilst in the Premier League

It's a different situation if your TS and looking for outside investment potential/opportunities whilst in league 1
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    City and West Ham's asset owners are not Roland.
  • Options
    The question is: to whom does the stadium pass when RD dies? Is it owned personally by RD or held under a company name?
  • Options
    The question is: to whom does the stadium pass when RD dies? Is it owned personally by RD or held under a company name?
    It's owned by RD, through a number of different companies but ultimately just him. 
  • Options
    Cats Protection League
  • Options
    He's probably left it to Tommy Driesen.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Rats Protection League