Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keeping track of tunnel jumps?

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Since it was Jayden’s first tunnel jump at full time today, I started thinking could the club/fanbase keep track of who did the tunnel jump for each match, jump debuts etc.

No idea if somehow this can be done retroactively… would probably be very difficult to go back and figure it out.

Otherwise Stockley can officially be “Tunnel Jump #1” since records began. :-)

Comments

• Any videos of the tunnel jump for those of us who couldn't be there?
  • Aside from Sir Chris, who else has done jumps?
  • WHAddick said:
    Aside from Sir Chris, who else has done jumps?
    Definitely JJ
  • WHAddick said:
    It started with Mark Kinsella didn’t it?
  • WHAddick said:
    Jacko too of course. I’m sure there are plenty of less obvious ones too. Naby once or twice? Jonny Williams? Conor Gallagher?
  • edited August 2021
    Vetokele did it when we thrashed Brentford in 2015. Watt when we beat Reading the same season. 
  • edited August 2021
  • Rob Elliot did it a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Taylor and Andre Green both did it after the 2-1 win against Barnsley. 
  • There was a point where it was almost a different player every win, I remember Bauer doing one, Aribo, Pearce, Sarr, Taylor, Grant, Green, Williams, Vetokele, Gallagher, Phillips all in recent seasons
  • edited August 2021
    dickad1 said:
    Stockley should go back to basics work on his technique there. Both feet need to be airborne while crossing the touchline to be a genuine CAFC tunnel jump.

Been reliably informed Ged Roddy has been interfering in the selection and coaching of jumpers which explains a lot. Thought that was nonsense until I saw things yesterday with my own eyes!
    Actually that could Jacob Roddy’s role. The squad chief tunnel jumper. I realise he will be twiddling his thumbs all afternoon, so perhaps he could read the teams out, be mascot and do the half time crossbar challenge as well. And if he is a really good boy, let him carry Adkins bag to his car. 
  • dickad1 said:
    Stockley should go back to basics work on his technique there. Both feet need to be airborne while crossing the touchline to be a genuine CAFC tunnel jump.

Been reliably informed Ged Roddy has been interfering in the selection and coaching of jumpers which explains a lot. Thought that was nonsense until I saw things yesterday with my own eyes!
    Seemed he ran too far out of the tunnel before jump commenced too…🤔,but long may the jump continue…recs Morgan should have a go if he performs aswell as he did yesterday…👍
  • se9addick said:
    WHAddick said:
    I've heard this said before, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I always thought Chris Powell started it. Would like to see some evidence to back up the Kinsella claim.
  • Stig said:
    se9addick said:
    WHAddick said:
    I've heard this said before, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I always thought Chris Powell started it. Would like to see some evidence to back up the Kinsella claim.
    Evidence? Bloody hell! 
  • dickad1 said:

Part of the CAT 1 work going on behind the scenes - an exact replica tunnel and stand configuration is being designed 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    I thought stockley’s tunnel debut was well executed - added a bit of klop but made it his own - smashed it 
  • Matt Holland did the tunnel jumps as well, and he would always clap the fans even if we lost
  • Harvey (or Floyd?) has done the tunnel jump.
  • edited August 2021
    seth plum said:
    Harvey (or Floyd?) has done the tunnel jump.
    Didn't SCP do it with Harvey's (or Floyd's) head on?

Yes he did

• Nah, that's a real cat (or dog).
    I think maybe dog.
  • Buyens did it at least once.
  • Taylor did it with Leko once.
  • I like most of your other stats and facts, but this is such weird thing to start keeping track of. 
  • Just a bit of fun than something that merits a tribal following....for me :)