Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hurricane Ida

edited August 2021 in Not Sports Related
Hurricane Ida is about to make landfall in Louisiana give or take 10-15 minutes. Recorded wind speeds of 150-155mph, it’s expected to rival Hurricane Katrina in 2005…

Evacuation all along the coastline has been taking place over the last two to three days. Wind damage will be significant, not to mention a large storm surge of up to 16ft that will put many properties underwater. 

Hoping that fatalities are kept to a minimum.

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully lessons have been learned from Katrina (and other similar events) in the intervening years.
  • Options
    Probably not.
  • Options
    They say so but only time will tell!
  • Options
    Sure I’ve seen tv programs showing that they still haven’t cleared everything up following Katrina…i pray the impact is minimised
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Sure I’ve seen tv programs showing that they still haven’t cleared everything up following Katrina…i pray the impact is minimised
    I’ve been to New Orleans a couple of times, love the place, and you can definitely still see signs of the damage Katrina did.
  • Options
    I’ve been there twice in recent years, lots of flood defences put in since Katrina. But I guess you just can’t stop nature. Fingers crossed for everyone there.
  • Options
    Can be tracked on windy.com.  Here is a recent screen shot. 

• Options
    CNN 30-50mph in New Orleans now with gusts to 70. All power is out, according to news reports. I am sure flooding will be bad by the morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many American houses seem to be made from wood!
  • Options
    Yup - most US houses are constructed with wood - all sorts of issues why - the weather being one of them. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Acab said:
    I’ve been there twice in recent years, lots of flood defences put in since Katrina. But I guess you just can’t stop nature. Fingers crossed for everyone there.
    Edit Don't know what happened here, I was viewing on my phone& did not to my knowledge click on quote or post ???
  • Options
    We will get the remnants of Ida on Thursday.....lots of rain apparently
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    We will get the remnants of Ida on Thursday.....lots of rain apparently
    Lovely - I can’t imagine what I would do if it stopped raining for a few days.