Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Brilliant game/result …
    10 months later it was Germany in the World Cup Final who lost to Brazil who had knocked us out in the quarters 
  • "Funny ol game"
  • with sad irony, also the day the great Brian Moore died...he'd have done a great commentary that day.
  • That particular month resonates with me. This result, 9/11 and my Dad passing away on the 20th.
  • Was just a couple of weeks back from my honeymoon, did an all dayer in Bexleyheath and got absolutely lagboat. Glorious times, brilliant performance. 
  • Was just a couple of weeks back from my honeymoon, did an all dayer in Bexleyheath and got absolutely lagboat. Glorious times, brilliant performance. 
    I was at @Les Berrys Tash house in Bexleyheath for an all dayer. Was completely off my tits by then end of the game.
  • I was at Lawnsdowne (sp?) Rd to see Ireland beat Holland 1 0 to qualify, then, eventually found a boozer to watch us play, 0 1 down - what a night / weekend, right up there in my top ten
  • I was literally talking about this game yesterday (which in NZ was 1-Sep). Big coincidence. It was the last game of football i saw in England before returning to NZ from Old Blighty. I was in the crowded Frog and Radiator pub across the road from the old hospital. Absolute f*cken scenes.
  • A fantastic day on my birthday. I thought it was a dream. Another great result on this day was our last win at Selhurst Park
  • I was literally talking about this game yesterday (which in NZ was 1-Sep). Big coincidence. It was the last game of football i saw in England before returning to NZ from Old Blighty. I was in the crowded Frog and Radiator pub across the road from the old hospital. Absolute f*cken scenes.
    That was my local - one direction, Pelton Arms the other direction - when I lived in Azof St, can just imagine the f*cken scenes - brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Was my sisters 21st birthday. 

I had to get family to change time of meal at Jacobean Inn in Bexley to a lunchtime when realised clashed without game. 

Watched game at the George in Bexley Village. 
    After the match people blocked the
    mini roundabout in village stopping cars and buses. 
    Old bill turned up and whilst they were trying to get people to move on, some
    youngster did the tires on the their cars. 

They had to be towed off. 
  • This time 20 years ago I was extremely drunk.
  • edited September 2021
    Remember it well. Was my 30th birthday. I had a house party and missed all but the last England goal as I was outside doing a BBQ whilst all the lads were inside watching the game.

As a side note today I turn 50. I have worked in my office for 15 years. Not even as much as a card......f*ckers!!
  • Gribbo said:
    Can remember watching this with my boys, fantastic memory
  • I actually watched the game in the Rat & Parrot Bexleyheath. Must have been on to T’s afterwards, classy!
    I was so pissed,  remember waking up the next day thinking I can’t watch football that pissed again … not realising you have to be that pissed to watch the shit show of us in the third tier 
  • Was flying back from Australia. Captain came on the intercom to tell us the result just before landing, to much cheering.
  • Even Heskey scored
    That was my local - one direction, Pelton Arms the other direction - when I lived in Azof St, can just imagine the f*cken scenes - brilliant
    Beer was spilled and swilled