Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who’s in your matchday squad?

Goalkeepers: MacGillivray, Henderson, Harness

Defenders: Gunter, Matthews, Inniss, Lavelle, Elerewe, Famewo, Pearce, Purrington, Souare

Midfielders: Watson, Dobson, Clare, Morgan, Gilbey, Arter, Forster-Caskey

Attackers: Stockley, Davison, Washington, Lee, Kirk, Jaiyesimi, Leko, Blackett-Taylor, Schwartz

There are 28 players above and only 18 can be named in a matchday squad. Who are the ten to miss out? 

What does the make-up of your first team formation look like? 4-3-3 or 4-4-2?

What does your bench include? One keeper, one defender, one midfielder, four attackers? One more defence/midfield option at the cost of an attack minded player?

Comments

• MacGillivray
    Matthews Inniss Famewo Purrington
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk 
    Stockley

Subs: Henderson Gunter Lavelle Gilbey CBT Leko Washington

That's my team for now. Souare could easily force his way in, as could Lavelle. CM is wide open, especially when JFC is back. 
  • What is yours Callum?
  • Macgillivray
    Jaiyesimi Morgan Arter Kirk
    Stockley Washington

Subs: Henderson, Gunter, Lavelle, Gilbey, Blackett-Taylor, Lee, Leko
  • MacGillivray
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk 
    Stockley

That's my team for now. Souare could easily force his way in, as could Lavelle. CM is wide open, especially when JFC is back. 
    This with Morgan in for Clare, for now. 
  • MacGillivray
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk 
    Stockley

I think yours is about right. 

You could make an argument for Gunter, Lavelle and Souare on the back line. 

I also think we might see Arter appear on the bench a few times rather than be thrown straight in. I can see Morgan and Watson holding those positions for the time being. Long term I see Arter and Gilbey forcing their way in.

The front four is who I’d go with. Leko will likely find a way in which should push DJ and Kirk along nicely. I’m excited to see Stockley and Lee link up.

For the next game I’d go with…

—————MacGillivray
    —————Watson Morgan
    ————Jaiyesimi Lee Kirk
    ——————Stockley

Subs: Henderson, Gunter, Lavelle, Arter, Clare, Leko, Washington
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk 
    Stockley

I'm not against Morgan. The main reason I'd go with Clare is for height. Arter is relatively physical but him and Lee are pretty short so think Clare or Gilbey provides that bit of extra physical presence. 
  • That's my team for now. Souare could easily force his way in, as could Lavelle. CM is wide open, especially when JFC is back. 
    Really hope that Lavelle has to force his way in rather than through injury to Ryan
  • edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk 
    Stockley

I'm not against Morgan. The main reason I'd go with Clare is for height. Arter is relatively physical but him and Lee are pretty short so think Clare or Gilbey provides that bit of extra physical presence. 
    It’s a good point and one that’s easy to miss. Adkins did say something along the lines of wanting big/physical players. Those 3 in the middle would leave us weaker on set pieces at both ends of the pitch.
  • McG
    Matthews Lavelle Famewo Purrington
    Gilbey Arter
    Leko Lee Kirk
    Stockley

Henderson, Inniss, JFC, DJ, Washington, Clare, Davison  
  • MCG

Matthews, Lavelle, Inniss, Famewo 

Jaiyesimi, Morgan, Arter, Kirk

Leko, Stockley

Henderson, Soare, Lee, Gilbey, Clare, Washington, Davison
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk 
    Stockley

It’s a good point and one that’s easy to miss. Adkins did say something along the lines of wanting big/physical players. Those 3 in the middle would leave us weaker on set pieces at both ends of the pitch.
    Yeah I thought of that comment from Adkins earlier. Having a striker like Stockley helps, and Inniss is massive (literally). I get why people want Lavelle in the side, building a partnership with Famewo but I would be concerned with a midfield of Dobson/Watson/Morgan/Arter/Lee (any three of them) plus Washington/Davison up top and no Inniss. We'd be very weak at set pieces from the midfield alone like you say. 
  • blackett taylor has looked good for us the little he did play and he's already being pushed out the squad. leko is good but I didn't really think we needed another player of that sort
  • I can see all of our wide players getting plenty of game time. Imagine being a defender in league one who has been up against one of our wingers for 60 mins and then look up and see a fresh pacey tricky winger coming on to go up against your tired legs. I would imagine whichever wingers start the game wont finish it very often
  • It'll be interesting to see what formation we use, now we could use either 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 quite easily with our team now. Personally I'd like to see one of the latter two with the below teams when fit.

4-2-3-1

McG
    Matthews Innis  Famewo Purrington
                      Gilbey    Arter
            Leko          Lee             Kirk  
                          Stockley

Subs: Hendo, Gunter, Lavelle, Watson, Morgan, DJ, Washington 

4-4-2

McG
    Matthews  Innis  Famewo Purrington
         Leko     Gilbey     Arter      Kirk 
                Stockley      Washington

Subs: Hendo, Gunter, Lavelle, Watson, Morgan, DJ, Lee

Can imagine a Morgan Watson midfield til that's ready, maybe a 4-3-3 with Clare too if an extra body is needed.

A lot of places up for grabs though, most the bench could starting and it doesn't even include Soure, Clare, Dobson, JFC and CBT. Didn't panic during the window too much but I didn't expect a squad like this 10 days ago. What a great problem to have and one I'm glad I don't have to do. Over to you Nige!