Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cider - What’s Your Favourite?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Westons is my home brew, just a couple of miles up the road. I prefer another local tipple Robinsons, it's bloody lovely track it down ❤️👍
  • Options
    There's a super strong Weston's, which I didn't realise was as strong as it was when first sampling.   

Delicious! 

But it's something like 8% !?!  

So, just 1 or 2 bottles for me.    But my god it's tasty. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Usually Weston's from the supermarket. Either vintage or the organic (6% so easier going). Co-op down the road does a nice own brand 6%. Local farm shop does proper local stuff, bring your own bottles and fill from tap. Most of it strong. Strange things happen after a few, witch-craft I reckon.
    fenlandaddick, Sorry, missed your earlier recommendation for the same. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    Weston's Rosie Pig with rhubarb is nice on a hot day.
    Am I the only one aroused by this?
  • Options
    I can't drink cider now, as it always gives me heartburn. As a youngster I used to get 3 litre bottles of chemical effluent called 'White Lightning'. I always found that it was much more enjoyable to ask for it as "White Lightnina" in the style of Mark E Smith. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I have good memories of drinking Old Rosie when I was a poor student. Two pints of that would put me in a haze. 
    As youngsters we would get k cider in the black bottles as they looked different. It's put me off cider for almost 30yrs.

We use to have Stella and K Snakebites back in the day, also Holsten Export and Merrydown. It wasn`t a good look after a couple of those! :o
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Weston's Rosie Pig with rhubarb is nice on a hot day.
    Am I the only one aroused by this?
    Think David Cameron was partial to a bit of honker
  • Options
    Dicken's is my favourite.    

Great YouTube ad as well.
    Cummins? 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    So many ciders to choose from. 'Deepin' is my girlfriend's favourite. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a big cider drinker but have it now and again (not the chemical stuff usually). Had some rhubarb cider in the Yacht a few weeks ago which went down very nicely, it was on handpump. I can't remember which brand though - it was that good.

I really like perry too, but it has an effect on me that is like drugs - half a pint and I'm just all mellowed out and can't do anything at all. Hard to find decent perry - a lot of "pear cider" just reminds me of pear drops. If I see it and I don't have to do anything else that day I usually have it. 
  • Options
    Had a pint of Cornish Gold down in deepest Kernow many years ago. It was served from a 20 litre plastic barrel on the bar. Don’t really remember much of the rest of the day. I really should have known better as when it was placed in front of me there was a distinctive smell of spirits!
  • Options
    Used to know a girl who loved winkles in cider 
  • Options
    Used to like Gaymers Olde English. Don't know if it's still available.