Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Charlton survey Sept 2021

Has anybody else been asked to complete the club survey? I got an email yesterday.

I like the idea of seeking feedback but I wasnt impressed with the questions I'm afraid.

I know that it means more work to process the responses, but there was very little opportunity to give suggestions on how the club might improve things. Shame as I believe this is a wasted opportunity to get fresh ideas going forward. 

Comments

• If only we knew someone who loves producing surveys.
  • My cynicism tells me this is just a good PR exercise .. but I have completed it as requested, just to show willing  o:)
  • Tick box exercise. 
    There should have been room to put in any comments.  Very poor imo.
  • Free train travel please
  • Its very common in my view albeit with the very best of intentions.

Designing a survey feels like something you can do for yourself & tools like Survey Monkey make it very easy to do.

In reality you need some independence/sanity check by those further from your topic and not directly influenced by the subsequent results to help design both the questions and the range of responses. Was once told many responders (not all) will shy away from scoring the extreme low or high and you also need to avoid 'in the middle' or non committal responses if you really want to learn from the feedback and hence your scale or answer options need to be well thought out.

Sort of depends on what you are surveying for - positive affirmation of something (PR exercise) or genuinely trying to learn something you don't yet know.

Bit of  a minefield but some independence really helps.

• It wasn't a particularly inspiring survey, and I'm not sure what useful information it will gather

It was quick to answer though
  • I can't work out who these joke tellers are at Charlton.
    I presume they are not asking about your mates.
    I can't say the programme seller, turnstile operator, steward or bar staff have ever told me a joke.
  • Apart from that, the gist of the survey was enquiring if the fanbase is representative of the Greenwich population and if not should they attempt to make it so?

Well, it's not really, so I presume they will be targeting the RBG community in an attempt to grow the support, but anyone would have known that already.
  • I can't work out who these joke tellers are at Charlton.
    I can't say the programme seller, turnstile operator, steward or bar staff have ever told me a joke.
    I've heard a few "jokes" from the bar staff, along the lines of describing the produce as Lager or beer, failing to add the punch line of "flat or warm" before it, or that it has been poured an hour before it is served,..classic stuff :D:D
  • edited September 2021
    I can't work out who these joke tellers are at Charlton.
    I've heard a few "jokes" from the bar staff, along the lines of describing the produce as Lager or beer, failing to add the punch line of "flat or warm" before it, or that it has been poured an hour before it is served,..classic stuff :D:D
    Good point but the bar staff jokes are more visual than oral.
    The pint glass for a glass of wine, an orange cordial consisting of all cordial, the 2/3rds of a pint offered as a pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• I voted for more music from TS...
  • I voted for more music from TS...
    I voted we burn his guitar 
  • For those who were not invited to take part in the survey, here it is
    https://r1.dotdigital-pages.com/p/4W9V-76W/cafcedi2021?dm_i=4W9V,KAEW,1P1OOO,2FCMU,1
  • Apart from that, the gist of the survey was enquiring if the fanbase is representative of the Greenwich population and if not should they attempt to make it so?

Well, it's not really, so I presume they will be targeting the RBG community in an attempt to grow the support, but anyone would have known that already.
    And surely the club would know better than the fans what the demographic of the area is, and how closely the fan base reflects this