Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2022

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Looking to get a new laptop mainly to play this on but all the laptops I am looking at have OS windows 10 s mode whihc I have heard does not allow you to play through steam, is this right?
    I'm on Windows 10 and it's working fine.  Loads of places now offering free upgrade to Windows 11 anyway
    Thanks - Is it Windows 10 safe mode you have? 
  • Options
    Started playing as cafc. Bought the editor - uh oh. Decided to just ‘cheat’with the youth players and keep the first team accurate. An hour later, my cheating has meant a whole new squad, unrecognisable from the real cafc.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    Had a good start!

Great start, what tactics have you gone with? I'm just in Pre-Season and doing well 4-3-3 (Wide & DM). 

• Options
    Is there enough in this new version to make it worth me stop playing my Charlton FM21 save, which I'm still enjoying?
  • Options
    Any idea how to see transfer budgets before you start a game?
  • Options
    Currently in 9th place after 5 games folowing 2 consecutive 3-3 draws

Gunter and Matthews are alternating places on the treatment room or at right back.  Neither can stay fit.
    Purrington is crippled
    Leko has 5 goals already and is great
    Pearce has been sent off twice already
    And the player I have signed from Spurs but is currently on loan with Crewe just scored one and assisted 2 against me so in some ways I am glad he'll be joining!

I do however fear this is going to take over my life
  • Options
    This is the first edition of FM I have bought since FM11, on which I have logged over 13,000 hours. (I'd like to clarify that a ridiculous amount of time on that game has been idling while I do other things. Indeed, I have FM22 open now while I write this post.)

I am blown away by how in depth this is. Absolutely amazed. Everything feels as if I'm actually being asked to manage a team rather than mess around with a glorified spreadsheet (though that bit still exists). So, I'm trying to do things in a somewhat measured way, rather than dismantling what we've got.

Top of the league by eight points. I've just bowed out of the FA Cup in the Third Round to Brentford (0-1 home defeat) and actually haven't made too many changes to the squad. Gunter left for a song and I brought in free agent Josh Clarke to replace him (quick, terrible defensively but who cares when Lavelle is a rock next to him); I signed Jamie Allen (Coventry centre mid) for 60k and Dan Crowley from Cheltenham on a free (his contract expires in Jan); secured Deji's contract; and have loaned out the rest of the U23s basically.

Purrington; Washington; and Matthews all got new contracts, too.

I've basically tried to replace Arter and Leko, and I'm waiting until the summer to replace what looks to be over half the first team on extortionate wages/loans. Famewo is my key target (£500k agreed fee!!!); not arsed about the rest of the out-of-contract players right now.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    This is the first edition of FM I have bought since FM11, on which I have logged over 13,000 hours. (I'd like to clarify that a ridiculous amount of time on that game has been idling while I do other things. Indeed, I have FM22 open now while I write this post.)

I am blown away by how in depth this is. Absolutely amazed. Everything feels as if I'm actually being asked to manage a team rather than mess around with a glorified spreadsheet (though that bit still exists). So, I'm trying to do things in a somewhat measured way, rather than dismantling what we've got.

Top of the league by eight points. I've just bowed out of the FA Cup in the Third Round to Brentford (0-1 home defeat) and actually haven't made too many changes to the squad. Gunter left for a song and I brought in free agent Josh Clarke to replace him (quick, terrible defensively but who cares when Lavelle is a rock next to him); I signed Jamie Allen (Coventry centre mid) for 60k and Dan Crowley from Cheltenham on a free (his contract expires in Jan); secured Deji's contract; and have loaned out the rest of the U23s basically.

I've basically tried to replace Arter and Leko, and I'm waiting until the summer to replace what looks to be over half the first team on extortionate wages/loans. Famewo is my key target (£500k agreed fee!!!); not arsed about the rest of the out-of-contract players right now.
    Sorry I'm keen to know what year you got up, or did you play multiple saves.
  • Options
    I’ve found the board to be extremely hard to please on this game. In my first save, I was sacked with 3 games to go - I was 4th and 12 points clear of 6th. 

I started again and went up in 2nd, still only managed a C+! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Sorry I'm keen to know what year you got up, or did you play multiple saves.
    Played four saves where I retired myself at 70, and countless others where I just tried a variety of challenges and such.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Currently in 9th place after 5 games folowing 2 consecutive 3-3 draws

Gunter and Matthews are alternating places on the treatment room or at right back.  Neither can stay fit.
    Purrington is crippled
    Leko has 5 goals already and is great
    Pearce has been sent off twice already
    And the player I have signed from Spurs but is currently on loan with Crewe just scored one and assisted 2 against me so in some ways I am glad he'll be joining!

I do however fear this is going to take over my life
    Pearce sent off for the 3rd time in 10 games ON 40 mins when 3-0 up and cruising
    New full back pulls his groin in first match in the pizza cup against Crawley

Still won 4-2 so happy but my wafer thin squad is getting thinner with every match
  • Options
    You might want to fiddle around with training intensity, especially for injury prone players, if you haven’t already.
  • Options
    You might want to fiddle around with training intensity, especially for injury prone players, if you haven’t already.
    owing to a wafer thing defence they are all wandering about smoking a cigar at the moment while my other players are hammering away
  • Options
    Role: Wide Goalkeeper AKA False 1 Duty: Attack https://youtu.be/pzT7gxNgBj4
  • Options
    Gone for the long game...started a file with Dundalk to see where I end up in the years to come!
    Signed Kwado Baah on loan and he is ridiculous! Quite enjoying it so far. Joint top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I've just about got to grips with things now. Won League One. Just had deadline day in August 2022/23 and took part - that's such an overwhelming mechanic!

Secured Famewo and Leko on permanent deals this window (thanks TS for a sizeable increase in budget!); George Dobson is skippering and doing a great job as a CDM; while Albie Morgan and Deji Elerewe are making good strides in the first team squad.

Seven games in, 5th in the table, 35 points off the magic 50-point barrier. I love this stuff and it's just so, so much more in depth than when I last played.
    Sounds pretty much how my file is going/went. 

Have Dobson as VC but he captains most games as Pearce does not play. Spent a while trying to fit Stockley and Washington in but ended up playing 4-2-3-1 as Kirk and Leko down the wings were ridiculously. Ended up cruising the league and got over 100 points.

Just in the transfer window now and Elliot Lee was my best player, but don’t think I’ll be able to get him. So far looks like I might get Famewo and Leko.

Struggling as well for a GK as accidentally sold C.Mac to an American team!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    For those that like to take their realism to the next level…

https://youtu.be/SvNG3U2v68Q

https://youtu.be/OtR5Q01f2Co
  • Options
    Started playing this yesterday. Signed 37 year old Carlos Tevez in January. Despite spending seven years in England with three different clubs the first thing I had to do when he joined was send him on an intensive language course. He also demanded a bonus if we won the Papa John Trophy. Freakishly realistic this year!
    Well actually, I say that but I've just beaten Millwall away in the FA Cup 2-1 with a 90th minute pen and a 95th minute winner so maybe it isn't..
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the original 92 version can be downloaded to an I phone 
  • Options
    That Italy game, first thing it reminded me of was FM. Happens to me all the time. 
  • Options
    That Italy game, first thing it reminded me of was FM. Happens to me all the time. 
    Italy totally got FMed, that moment when they realised the 93rd min highlight wasn't for them...