Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jacko and Euell?

Comments

• Options
    Criminal that we didn't go out and sign a more mobile technical forward and we are stuck with long ball tactics now...we improved when Davison came on so I would give him a go Tuesday and CBT
  • Options
    NA has got 25 months Left on his contract? People screaming ‘get rid’ where does the money / budget come from?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Who's currently coaching our underachieving first team  ?  Jacko and Jason . It wouldn't be much of a change . 

I'd be looking to bring Powell back but i'm not sure he'd take it. 
  • Options
    Who's currently coaching our underachieving first team first  ?  Jacko and Jason . It wouldn't be much of a change . 

Never been convinced by the obsession with appointing old boys and particularly legends. It rarely has a happy ending. I don’t want Powell, Jackson or Euell getting next crack. Chris has achieved nothing as manager since he left us and I believe both Jonnie and Jason need to spread their wings at another club. Someone will probably ask me “who then ?” I havn’t a scooby.
  • Options
    Who's currently coaching our underachieving first team first  ?  Jacko and Jason . It wouldn't be much of a change . 

Bowyer was coaching our first team when gobinson was in charge.

Jackson is currently acting under orders from Adkins
  • Options

They’ll have their own ideas, impossible to say how much of a change it will or won’t be.
  • Options
    Am I missing something here? Kevin Nugent is manager of the Millwall U23 team. Why would we want him?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Am I missing something here? Kevin Nugent is manager of the Millwall U23 team. Why would we want him?
    He had a good record as our caretaker manager.
  • Options
    AFKA was using him as an example to show me (and others) that whilst a caretaker manager might produce good results over a limited amount of games, they might not be the good option over a long period.

Especially when you consider how Nugent did @ Barnet
  • Options
    JJ for me. Fans need someone to rally behind, we currently don't have that on the pitch, most of our home games are chants for JJ rather than the players on the pitch. We're a club with no real unity on or off the pitch, basically a bunch of strangers with no affiliation to our club. A fan favourite could be the one to pull that together. 

Plus he has a 100% win record ;-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d want to go for a young manager. Martin before he left MKD would have been ideal, Duff at Cheltenham worth a closer look maybe. Not sure Euell or JJ the answer as they are involved in the current debacle. Glad I’m not TS.
  • Options
    TS needs to get an experienced neutral or two to help him. Sack Adkins and ask JJ and Euell a couple of questions. Why are we failing? and What can we do to turn it round? These should be video presentations and it wouldn't be about giving them the job, it would be about them selling their ability to do the job alone or as a team. 
  • Options
    If we are appointing in house then it has to be Jason for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No.  

I want an experienced manager.

However, sack NA and have JJ as caretaker for 2 or 3 games.  If there is an immediate turnaround then keep him on, otherwise he needs to go with NA.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Have we sunk to such low expectations that we are happy to appoint 2 untried managers just because they are club ‘legends’? It would be a clear sign that Tommy’s master plan for the Prem and Europe was complete guff or a deluded vision based his youth/growth recruitment strategy. 

Yes, Curbs and Gritty worked out but going with JJ and Euele would be a massive gamble, especially with us already sitting in the bottom 3. I’m not set against it but, personally, something tells me JJ is not management material like Curbs or Powelly. 

All I know is that my £500 ‘top half’ league finish bet looks very precarious after just 7 bloody games. Hard to believe that 22 League 1 teams are better then us! 

Feeling very numb about the Club right now.
  • Options
    Alex Neil for me if we could get him , still only 40 and more of a no nonsense manager than Adkins
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Have we sunk to such low expectations that we are happy to appoint 2 untried managers just because they are club ‘legends’? It would be a clear sign that Tommy’s master plan for the Prem and Europe was complete guff or a deluded vision based his youth/growth recruitment strategy. 

Yes, Curbs and Gritty worked out but going with JJ and Euele would be a massive gamble, especially with us already sitting in the bottom 3. I’m not set against it but, personally, something tells me JJ is not management material like Curbs or Powelly. 

All I know is that my £500 ‘top half’ league finish bet looks very precarious after just 7 bloody games. Hard to believe that 22 League 1 teams are better then us! 

I'm not sure it would be that big a gamble. We are in a situation where there isn't a lot to lose as was the case when Bowyer walked. The risk would have been starting the season with it or doing in from a position of strength. I do think some homework has to be done and they are not appointed just because it is their turn, but being close to things may give you a better insight as to what needs fixing. If it looks like either or both of them have a plan, it ought to be worth a try. A big factor of course is how much say and influence they currently have which we cannot really know.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Jason has been very successful at under 23 level over a number of years. Not a massive step up IMO.
  • Options
    I’d do what Bolton did last year. Get an up and coming manager who’s had a bit of recent success. They nabbed the guy who got Barrow promoted, playing entertaining football. Worked for them.
    With that in mind, the 2 fellas at Harrogate couldn’t do much worse than what we have now.
  • Options
    I’d do what Bolton did last year. Get an up and coming manager who’s had a bit of recent success. They nabbed the guy who got Barrow promoted, playing entertaining football. Worked for them.
    With that in mind, the 2 fellas at Harrogate couldn’t do much worse than what we have now.
    Bloke is a Harrogate legend, been there forever and is the owners Son
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Jackson & Euell don't have nothing to do with tactics & advising the gaffer for each game then.  Yet there the dream team.

• Options
    So Jackson & Euell don't have nothing to do with tactics & advising the gaffer for each game then.  Yet there the dream team.

They are worth a few games as caretaker to see if Adkins is the problem. Bowyer showed an assistant can have very different ideas to the manager.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No, but ultimately the buck and final decision stops with the manager. If I was the owner, I would want to know what they think the issues are and what they would do differently. If their responses are credible they may work as individuals or in tandem. We as fans can't know but if Thomas hears a plan, it is a free hit to see if it works. If it doesn't what has changed?

Maybe, as Airman has alluded to, it is the whole structure that is to blame and then it may take more courage for an owner to shake it all up. 
  • Options
    Jacko with Curbs DoF
  • Options
    Scoham said:

They are worth a few games as caretaker to see if Adkins is the problem. Bowyer showed an assistant can have very different ideas to the manager.
    If Adkins does go then I expect that is what will happen,  I will back them and hope they do turn it around, but they are part of the TEAM and so are partly to blame.

I think Adkins has been given the short straw with the recruitment or lack of it at the right time. Players are even not considered of the right quality or they are not fit seems the opinion of most of the support yet they expect everything to be honkey dory.  As for committees I have never known them to work in business so why is football any different. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

If Adkins does go then I expect that is what will happen,  I will back them and hope they do turn it around, but they are part of the TEAM and so are partly to blame.

I think Adkins has been given the short straw with the recruitment or lack of it at the right time. Players are even not considered of the right quality or they are not fit seems the opinion of most of the support yet they expect everything to be honkey dory.  As for committees I have never known them to work in business so why is football any different. 
     @Scoham, sorry I didn't get your quote to copy down properly.
  • Options
    Jacko is a straight forward football man. No KPIs and all that waffle. 
    IMO he’s what we need for where we are at the moment. I think he’d get a tune out of this squad. 
  • Options
    NA has got 25 months Left on his contract? People screaming ‘get rid’ where does the money / budget come from?
    Not getting relegated, potentially getting promoted, keeping fans going to games that they will see a team actually winning ?
  • Options
    None of them, they can stay as coaches if a new manager wants them but we need someone to come in with there own people and there own  ideas 
  • Options
    Mark Bowen?