Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP John Challis

Comments

• Options
    Ah that’s gutting. RIP Boycie.
  • Options
    R.I.P.Boycie
  • Options
    Such sad news RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Met him a few years back, he happily chatted to us for a bit then did a daft video on my mate's phone where he did the Boycey laugh and then critiqued our attempts, "rubbish, what are you doing, you sound like a woodpecker..." etc.

Really nice bloke, could have easily told us to piss off and leave us alone but he was a gent.

RIP.
    See, that’s exactly what I imagined. Top man 
  • Options
    RIP, played a superb role in my favourite TV show of all time. 
  • Options
    One of the first references in OFAH is that he was a car dealer from Lewisham Grove.  Does such a place exist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing that made only fools and horse so good was the quality of actor they had in to makes these characters so real , when you look at the likes of Lyndhurst , Sullivan , Lloyd Pack and Challice all classically trained actors just so good at acting. RIP
  • Options
    'Bye bye Boycie'
    RIP
  • Options
    The poker 4 kings and 4 aces is one of my favourite scenes in all of OFAH.
  • Options
    “Aubrey…….?”

”I am heeerrrreee”
  • Options
    Sad news, on top of Greavsie this morning.

I was trying to find the exact text of my favourite Boycie quote, came across this which has a load of them (my favourite is the one about the Trotters rolling up to medieval Peckham in a stolen Zephyr and nicking the maypole).

https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/comedy-news/boycie-only-fools-funniest-quotes-17139614

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely message from his family. Must be so hard for them. RIP.
  • Options
    Saw him do his one man show at my local theatre in 2016. Was a great night and he had time for every single person afterwards. 

RIP
  • Options
    Today can go and do one.
    RIP Boycie.

FFS, have got some grit in my eye again.
  • Options
    Watching Boycie in Belgrade now and it shows what a fantastic man he was, doing his laugh for people so they can record it and even at the distillery when the guy was calling him Boycie the whole time rather than John and he was absolutely fine with it, im sure there are some actors who would have said thats my character name not real name lol.

But it just shows what everyone says about him, that he was such a down to earth man and a fantastic human.

R.I.P John
  • Options
    Watching Boycie in Belgrade now and it shows what a fantastic man he was, doing his laugh for people so they can record it and even at the distillery when the guy was calling him Boycie the whole time rather than John and he was absolutely fine with it, im sure there are some actors who would have said thats my character name not real name lol.

But it just shows what everyone says about him, that he was such a down to earth man and a fantastic human.

R.I.P John

I also watched it this evening and can only reiterate what you've said. RIP Boycie
  • Options
    Awful, sad news.
    RIP John. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    RIP…..John…..RIP.

Oh and of course, thanks for all those laughs and smiles you put on the faces of countless millions.
    For that alone, it was a life very well spent.

• Options
    A wonderful man who made millions of peeps happy by entertainment and kind deeds.
    Rest in Peace, John.

• Options
    I'd forgotten that John Challis was also in Doctor Who back in the 70s, playing a thuggish character in the excellent Tom Baker story The Seeds of Doom