Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

portuguese fan- Tickets for saturday´s match against Portsmouth

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    You can have my season ticket for the season Joaquim, yours for £1
    I’ll undercut you - 50p and 10% off a litro de ceveja.
  • Options
    Hi guys, sorry I can´t answer you all and thanks for all the feedback ! :) For some of you, no I´m not a Portsmouth fan trying to get in your stand... I´m being honest as far as I would love to watch this match as a real Addick. A bit disappointed to read some arrogant comments assuming I´m fake or laughing of my situation. My nick name is Quim, derived from Joaquim and I´m a SC Braga fan btw, right in the north of Portugal.
    If you still have doubts about my identity feel free to search for my Instagram profile @quim08scb.
    For those who are really trying to help me, I appreciate your effort, you can message me there (Instagram) as well please. 

PS: I know my english might not be a 10/10 but I´m trying my best, best regards 
  • Options
    Joaquim, do you have a club membership of any sort. Quoting that should enable you to purchase online.  
    Actually I don´t have any, it´s my first time going to London !
  • Options
    Recommend Nando’s in Greenwich before the game pal 👍🏻 
    Top, it´s on the list ! Thank you pal 
  • Options
    Joaquim, ignore the cynical replies from my fellow Addicks. I would be delighted to help you.
    As it happens I speak fluent Portuguese, so please give me a number I can call you on. I know Portugal like the back of my hand, so it is more than likely I have visited places close to where you live. Would be nice to have a chat.
    Again, can´t understand if you´re joking but my phone number is +351 913414728. I´ve also left my instagram above (@quim08scb) so you can message me there as well ! 
  • Options
    Ola Joaquim, muito prazer.

It’s great to hear about your excitement about visiting The Valley, but I must ask how on earth you found out about our wonderful club when you have the delights of Benfica, Sporting and Porto to occupy your footballing time? It’s really inspiring that you’d willingly put yourself through this rubbish, when the rest of us are obliged to through birth…..

Presumably you’re already a fully paid up member of the International Addicks scheme given that it is the main goal of your trip, as if so, it’s likely that an email to the club at memberships@cafc.co.uk can help sort you out access to tickets. They may even roll out the red carpet for you to make your day extra special given the long journey you’ve had just to see a match at The Valley!

A couple of small bits of advice - I suggest that you make sure that you don’t accidentally wear a blue shirt in tribute to last season’s excellent third shirt, or speak with the perfect South Coast accent you’ve happened to learn through English lessons
    Hi ! Actually I´m a SC Braga fan and I´ve found Charlton during my childhood playing FIFA. I just liked it and then I started giving it some coverage I tried to be updated trough the years !
  • Options
    quim08pt said:
    Hi guys, sorry I can´t answer you all and thanks for all the feedback ! :) For some of you, no I´m not a Portsmouth fan trying to get in your stand... I´m being honest as far as I would love to watch this match as a real Addick. A bit disappointed to read some arrogant comments assuming I´m fake or laughing of my situation. My nick name is Quim, derived from Joaquim and I´m a SC Braga fan btw, right in the north of Portugal.
    If you still have doubts about my identity feel free to search for my Instagram profile @quim08scb.
    For those who are really trying to help me, I appreciate your effort, you can message me there (Instagram) as well please. 

PS: I know my english might not be a 10/10 but I´m trying my best, best regards 
    !!! Just to be sure that you see the message, do not intend to spam you.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    You can have my season ticket for the season Joaquim, yours for £1
    Don´t know if you´re being cynical like some of the comments but in that case I would be appreciated and owing you some beers  B)
  • Options
    Thank you, @MadGerman.

Quim (it must be your real name because no-one would call themselves that if it weren't their real name, trust me) - I will send you a PM in the morning. In the meantime don't take any season ticket offers - I'll give you £20 to take mine away!! And may I give you a little advice. I would suggest no more mention of "arrogant" posters. That's no way to enter a forum if you are hoping to be helped - you are supposed to come in peace. You've got this far because of Jorge Costa.
  • Options
    quim08pt said:
    Joaquim, do you have a club membership of any sort. Quoting that should enable you to purchase online.  
    How long are you in London? We have another home game next Tuesday which you won't have any problem getting a ticket for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you, @MadGerman.

Quim (it must be your real name because no-one would call themselves that if it weren't their real name, trust me) - I will send you a PM in the morning. In the meantime don't take any season ticket offers - I'll give you £20 to take mine away!! And may I give you a little advice. I would suggest no more mention of "arrogant" posters. That's no way to enter a forum if you are hoping to be helped - you are supposed to come in peace. You've got this far because of Jorge Costa.

Already answered ! Sorry about the arrogant part, in Portugal that´s not an insulting or bad word, it´s not that heavy, my bad ! Ofc here to be in peace and Jorge Costa was indeed a special center back :D
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    quim08pt said:
    How long are you in London? We have another home game next Tuesday which you won't have any problem getting a ticket for.
    I arrive next Friday and I´m going to stay until Tuesday morning so yeah, I won´t be able to watch Tuesday´s match :( 
  • Options
    quim08pt said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    quim08pt said:
    I arrive next Friday and I´m going to stay until Tuesday morning so yeah, I won´t be able to watch Tuesday´s match :( 
    He’ll be in Burton next week.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Enjoy the match and your first experience of The Valley.  Hopefully a good game.   If it is then the atmosphere should be great, two proper teams.  Contacting the international supporters club or the wonderful GlassHalfFull seem the best bet.
  • Options
    quim08pt said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    quim08pt said:
    you're not @jimmymelrose in disguise are you  ?   He's coming over on Friday for a few days & will be watching both the Pompey & the Bolton games. He's got a good record of not seeing us lose......
  • Options

The European branch of International Addicks has indeed got involved and hopefully we will be getting to meet our new pals from Costaland. German Addicks will be over in force and staying for Bolton, maybe with two newcomers aboard. We've also got another new guest, namely a Spanish guy who's living in Eltham. (I suppose that should be El Tham - geddit??!!) And one more thing. For years I've been mercilessly reminding our brilliant German friends that I was at Wembley in '66. Well, of course I was also there for the semi-final vs Portugal. YES!!!!

• Options
    Hi @quim08pt

Welcome to Charlton Life.
    Don't concern yourself over the unfair suspicion and distrust. 40 per cent of people in the area voted Brexit after all 😉

As @golfaddick said I'm arriving from the EU on Friday too. 

• Options
    Surely it must be possible for casual fans to buy tickets in the home areas without being accused of being away fans?
  • Options
    Surely it must be possible for casual fans to buy tickets in the home areas without being accused of being away fans?
    It’s actually not
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Bells...  

Don't forget your bells, matelot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    It’s actually not
    Generally tends to be the case when the away end has sold out I think.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s actually not
    Then we should keep a few blocks of the AC free for sell outs.

It doesn't matter which team someone is supporting, we should be encouraging people to come.

Our average attendance is 10000 below capacity. The club is as clueless as the team.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    GlassHalfFull 
     For years I've been mercilessly reminding our brilliant German friends that I was at Wembley in '66.

Presumably at that point the germans remind you they theyve won the world cup 4 times and the euros 3 times?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s actually not

It doesn't matter which team someone is supporting, we should be encouraging people to come.

Our average attendance is 10000 below capacity. The club is as clueless as the team.
    I think you will find it is not as simple as that Jim, away fans in the AC stand is a logistical challenge and one that is not possible. I seem to recall Airman explaining this to us. I believe the issues were what turnstiles the fans would enter via, what gates they would leave by and of course what food/drink outlets they would use as the concourse behind the AC stand is not segregated.
  • Options
    Fair enough but segregation in the AC stand is hardly necessary. You can't fight with blankets and false teeth.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s actually not

I think you will find it is not as simple as that Jim, away fans in the AC stand is a logistical challenge and one that is not possible. I seem to recall Airman explaining this to us. I believe the issues were what turnstiles the fans would enter via, what gates they would leave by and of course what food/drink outlets they would use as the concourse behind the AC stand is not segregated.
    Wasn't it Brentford in the FA cup around 2006 who had a couple of blocks in the East Stand? I may be wrong of course but seem to recall it happening. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s actually not

For many years once the away club sell all their tickets the club have adopted the policy only people on the database can buy tickets.  That does not seem unreasonable.
  • Options
    So did you get to the game @quim08pt?

Thoughts on the match and The Valley?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    So did you get to the game @quim08pt?

Thoughts on the match and The Valley?

Obrigado

Play up da Pompey!
  • Options
    Fair enough but segregation in the AC stand is hardly necessary. You can't fight with blankets and false teeth.
    I dare you to say that to my face, JM !