Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wokeism is not New

2»

Comments

• Options
    It’s not exclusive to Woke politics and Likes though.

Many people use posting on social media to self-validate their views and to make one feel better about themselves for expressing those views.

Without even realising it….thinking they’re posting for the greater good.

As I’ve said before, I’m a Labour supporting remainer, but the kind of people you get on Twitter with the Euro  Flag, the FBPE, the Zero Covid icons are mainly sheep desperate to be heard for their own good.

Could argue the same about poppy wearing and RIP threads on CL.
  • Options
    Read an essay my sixteen year old daughter wrote for school last night. It included the line "a failure to seriously consider tradition or lessons of the past is generational selfishness." I haven't done so badly...
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    What I find annoying about 'woke' people is the need for them to constantly prove how compassionate and caring they are on Social Media.

They'll literally go into an empty room wearing a mask and tweet about how they're saving the planet from Covid.
    Is this what woke is then?  Being too darn caring on social media.  The government need to step in and do something about this before it spirals out of control and I’m surrounded by too many attempted nicers.  
    It's clear Nick is stating that some people act like they care when in reality all they want is Social Media likes... 
    They won’t get many for that. They’ll just get called woke 😂. 

Joking apart, that seems pretty unlikely. Plenty of easier ways of attracting likes. Like being rude to people, or being ‘outspoken’ on sensitive issues like our Piers.