Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Barclay

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I think Barclay's comment is valid though we knew that at the time of the purchase by TS. Not really sure what Dodger's problem is.
    Trying to stay relevant, bit like the geezer in the van that always posts videos moaning about the club.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I think Barclay's comment is valid though we knew that at the time of the purchase by TS. Not really sure what Dodger's problem is.
    Trying to stay relevant, bit like the geezer in the van that always posts videos moaning about the club.
    Twitter is loaded with CAFC accounts seeking attention all day.  I see one last night who said fair play West Ham for not caving to the narrative and starting Zouma 😂 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Twitter is loaded with CAFC accounts seeking attention all day.  I see one last night who said fair play West Ham for not caving to the narrative and starting Zouma 😂 
    And it's amazing how many of those accounts follow this Dodger bloke. Coincidence ?
  • Options
    Gates are looking pretty healthy, I have spent more at the club this year than the last 3-4 years (regular non locked down season) combined, so if some want to stay away, respect their decision, enjoy your weekends. Our intensely strong emotional attachment to our club can give us delusions of grandeur. We are in League 1, have a regular fan base of less than 15k (obviously more when the glory of Wemberly comes around once in a while) and have a former owner who legally has the rights to an asset which we would like under the control of the same party that owns the club. We know that ground owning individual is stubborn, a business man sitting on a property of considerable value and we can surmise that fans’ (rightful at the time imho) protests have done nothing to engender a warm hearted glow toward us for that same man. We are fortunate to have an owner like TS, full stop and I am afraid, I very much doubt authorities will ever likely be able to interfere with the law when it comes to ownership of real estate vs a sports club, which this is. Current ground owner’s asking price was either too high, or current club owner wanted to bide their time on its ownership, who knows? It’s their commercial decision vs  our emotional attachment that ties the two together…and can send some into a negative place. 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    And it's amazing how many of those accounts follow this Dodger bloke. Coincidence ?
    I know nothing about this dodger chap to be honest so not gonna slag the geeza off as that wouldn’t be fair, my only observation as I already said is that there is a pool of CAFC Twitter accounts that spend their existence searching for needy likes and attention by being as obnoxious as possible, they seem to think if they get 40 likes and engagements from other odd balls it means they made a good point, it’s just weird to see but car crash as you can’t take your eyes off it, kind of a like a good episode of Jerry Springer set in the Deep South.
    There's a lot of those needy twitter accounts in this forum mate. Thing is none of them actually say it to him directly even though they all know him and see him at the Valley. I'll get along with most people but there are some proper sides about both on here and on Twitter. 
  • Options
    A bit of a cash injection wouldn’t go amiss. 
    Problem is, what do you offer in return? TS might not be perfect, but I think we’re pretty united in thinking his heart is in the right place and he’s not an exploiter, out to make a quick buck like so many of our recent owners have been. 
    One benefit of Aussie Muir (and I don’t know if he’s even still interested) is that he’s a massive sports fan with lots of money, looking for a way to enjoy his passion to the max. Arguably, the same motivation as TS. Be wary of those who say they think it’s a smart move financially. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Problem is, what do you offer in return? TS might not be perfect, but I think we’re pretty united in thinking his heart is in the right place and he’s not an exploiter, out to make a quick buck like so many of our recent owners have been. 
    One benefit of Aussie Muir (and I don’t know if he’s even still interested) is that he’s a massive sports fan with lots of money, looking for a way to enjoy his passion to the max. Arguably, the same motivation as TS. Be wary of those who say they think it’s a smart move financially. 
    A sports fan looking to enjoy his passion to the max? Why on earth would he be interested in Charlton? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Hey, Dodger, I have some good news.  I know of a guy who is incredibly wealthy, into football and could save the club from its disastrous ownership.  And the great news is that this fantastic guy is a smart businessman, knows a lot about football investments and can wheel and deal in the player transfer market.  And the best news?  He already owns the Valley. 
    You want Roland to reinvest?
  • Options
    leefender said:
    shine166 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I know nothing about this dodger chap to be honest so not gonna slag the geeza off as that wouldn’t be fair, my only observation as I already said is that there is a pool of CAFC Twitter accounts that spend their existence searching for needy likes and attention by being as obnoxious as possible, they seem to think if they get 40 likes and engagements from other odd balls it means they made a good point, it’s just weird to see but car crash as you can’t take your eyes off it, kind of a like a good episode of Jerry Springer set in the Deep South.
    There's a lot of those needy twitter accounts in this forum mate. Thing is none of them actually say it to him directly even though they all know him and see him at the Valley. I'll get along with most people but there are some proper sides about both on here and on Twitter. 
    Oh mate I absolutely agree there’s some odd accounts on here.  Not to the level of Twitter though I’m not having that, I’ve been on both for some time and Twitter is the 👑 
  • Options
    Twitter is full of snowflakes calling each other snowflakes in some weird pseudo attempt to not be the biggest snowflake.

Proper odd behaviour.
    Well stone me we completely agree on something.
  • Options
    leefender said:
    leefender said:
    shine166 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Oh mate I absolutely agree there’s some odd accounts on here.  Not to the level of Twitter though I’m not having that, I’ve been on both for some time and Twitter is the 👑 
    Agree mate, which is why I get tired of the constant anonymous insults of Dodger, I've never met him, he grew up on Floyd Rd with my boys mum and he's a solid fan with total devotion to the club and cause.

One thing I'll say is he does everything he does under his own name rather than the fake profiles that have dug him out. The identities of the worst offenders are well known and I have no doubt he'll confront them In due course.

I'd pick him for his dedication over the self appointed fans of the year any day. 
    As Iron Mike Tyson once said, social network has made people too comfortable with disrespecting others and not getting punched for it.
  • Options
    Let's not forget Sandgaard only owns 42% of the shares in his medical company and they have more than halved in the past 12 months, he can't realistically run a club unless it's on a shoestring so the only way is third division or downwards.

TS had very good intentions but can't make them happen. RD owns the assets so TS owns nothing but a liability 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have it on good authority that Thomas Sandgaard has made an purchase for Zynex recently that will elevate his business to a market cap of billions. It's a game changer. Let's all wait and see. In the meantime maybe if Barclay went back to Roland without the support of Peter Varney he might have a chance of Roland engaging.
    A purchase of another business ?

The share price graph for Zynex on the NASDAQ for the last 12 months makes for grim reading (I am no stock market expert though)
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    A sports fan looking to enjoy his passion to the max? Why on earth would he be interested in Charlton? 
    😂😂
  • Options
    Interesting but why is it a game changer?
  • Options
    It will blow the competition out of the water. So I have been told.
    Well let’s hope so. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!