Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VIP Investment plan

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
i put £50 in to this scheme years ago!does anybody know what it went to and is it something you claim back or did it just go to the club?Forgot all about it but going through some old paperwork and found it

Comments

• Options
    Things you do when it's raining........ ;-)
  • Options
    claim back ?? lol

the 'wedding of the year' is really starting to bite.....
  • Options
    I was hoping the £50 could go behind the bar AFKA mind you at that place it would buy all of 3 beers!lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]claim back ?? lol

the 'wedding of the year' is really starting to bite.....

HARSH

LOL
  • Options
    Expired in 2002 but you have the comfort that your £50 paid for a little part of the Valley, most likely the walkway across the East Terrace.

I had £500 worth. Got a decent discount on my ST for 10 years and I was allowed to vote in some election thing
  • Options
    Steve Clarke, ahh the good old days of supporter representation........

:-)
  • Options
    I'm glad you brought this up. I could've sworn that after 10 years we got our money back, it was basically us giving the club an interest free loan over 10 years. I only put in £50 as i was a spotty schoolboy at the time but my mate slung in the full 2 large and when i told him in 2001(i think) we were due our money back he was understandably delighted until the club went mute on the whole thing. It raised about £1.2m i think so they're probably hoping we've all just forgotten about it. If they hurry up and pay me back it'll go towards the airfare for the Marbella game on Tuesday!
  • Options
    Ha well i can kiss goodbye to that!Well worth the cause though!long live the Valley!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I had £500 worth and I was allowed to vote in some election thing

I feel a AFKA headline thing coming on....

CAFC Cash For Honours Scandal
  • Options
    Massive cover up!lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the original scheme was about £1500 for 10 years, you would get your money back should the club have gone under, however this was reduced to £1250 without the insurance of getting your money back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Steve Clarke, ahh the good old days of supporter representation........

:-)

Much better in those days when they didn't let the riff raff vote and the CASC candidate always won ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Expired in 2002 but you have the comfort that your £50 paid for a little part of the Valley, most likely the walkway across the East Terrace.

I had £500 worth. Got a decent discount on my ST for 10 years and I was allowed to vote in some election thing

Alternatively, your £50 could've indirectly gone up Dean Chandlers nose.
  • Options
    £1.5k got me a 10 year ticket!!! or was it £1250.00? Na, its gone!
  • Options
    It was 1250 or maybe 1200 for a ten year season ticket. Good deal which I took advantage of.

No money back.
  • Options
    Surprising how many top flight seasons we had for £125 per year!
  • Options
    Yes but when you made the investment you thought that the 'top flight' might be that of the leagues sponsored by Vauxhall.