Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 1-4 Bolton Wanderers

thanks to the 80 Lifers who gave marks and the 79 who did not give added comments

Comments

• Options
    Nice work. 

Below is my comment from the match thread when the team came out.  I don’t think we do much research on our opponents beforehand and make a match plan, we just seem to go into every game with the same air of invincibility. 

The player marks for Matthews will
    make interesting reading later. 
    He will average either 8 or 4 IMO. 
  • Options
    I must have been at a different match to everyone else. Leko averaged 6.36 ?  He was our best player by far & I gave him an 8. Everyone else I marked between 5.5 & 7.5. 

Jeez. We weren't awful & 4-1 flattered Bolton. 
  • Options
    Blimey that was quick work. I've only just summoned up the willpower to put my marks in and you've already produced the report. Top work Lancs, well done everyone.
  • Options
    I must have been at a different match to everyone else. Leko averaged 6.36 ?  He was our best player by far & I gave him an 8. Everyone else I marked between 5.5 & 7.5. 

In answer to how do I pleasure myself, I read Golfie's rare almost positive posts! 

🤣
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Leko and Davison were the shining lights and I gave both players higher marks than the average shown above, and Clare had good moments on the ball, we were only poor for the business end of the match but conceding 3 goals when you are nearly rock bottom is the hair that breaks the camel's back.

I had noticed all season on Quest, that Bolton will attack in numbers and I thought we could punish them on the counter attack but after the terrible equaliser when Matthews failed to keep the right footed player on his left foot we lost shape and the flair players faded.

• Options
    A bit harsh on Matthews to be so far below everyone else
  • Options
    He came in for heavy criticism from Brownie and Curbs for not showing their player down the line for the equaliser and has previous.
  • Options
    Have you watched the highlights?
    Matthews was rank.
  • Options
    Matthews was rank.
    The whole team was rank for the last 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Matthews was rank.
    The whole team was rank for the last 20 minutes. 
    Matthews was rank the majority of the game, bar a couple of last ditch tackles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options

Leko was very good first half. Not so effective 2nd half, although whether that was because he inexplicaably was moved the the left wing I don't know. 
    4 1 might have flattered Bolton but they were always more likely to win after half time. Disintegrating like that though must lose players marks.
    Bearing in mind Bolton are not a great  the overall average seems about right, maybe even a bit high as it was worse than Oxford or MK.