Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best bit of Charlton memorabilia you own?

Comments

• Options
    One of Bob Bolders boots from Plymouth away in 1991. Tal Ben Haims signed poppy shirt from Reading away a few years ago. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Bits of The (old) Valley?
    Signed shirts?
    FA Cup winners medal?

What's the best (or simply oldest) bit of Charlton memorabilia you own, and what's the story?

Sadly I don't have anything very exciting but have a lot of replica shirts going back to the '80's (no, not for sale-or the museum before anyone asks 😃) and a load of the leaflets and stuff from the Valley Party days. 

Hoping to find a way to display some of the shirts at some point.

People must have some unique/impressive things.
    @Athletico Charlton I've got a couple of very nice frames up for grabs.  DM me if you're interested.

Thanks @AddicksAddict but I have so many I will likely have them on an open railing or something as I would cover the whole wall space of my house otherwise.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    MrLargo said:
    Signed picture of Sam Bartram that I got for £4 on eBay. Would very much like to see a certified copy of his signature so that I can verify that mine's genuine.

Back to The Valley pennant - I think bought from the club shop at Selhurst - featuring a drawing of The Valley with the proposed uncovered East Stand and the single tier West Stand that was supposed to incorporate a bowling alley.

Few pics of my great uncle, Wilson Lennox, playing for Charlton in the 30s. Also, one picture of him in the team bath - can't be many people who've got a picture up on the wall of their uncle in the bath with a load of other blokes!
    Does the Bartram pic mention a Sunday paper in the back? @MrLargo

Would like to see the Lennox photos

@Henry Irving

I think I've sent you the Lennox photos previously, but happy to do so again.

The Bartram pic is a drawing rather than a photo. I think it's torn out of a football magazine, i'll send you a pic when I get in from work though.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Programme and ticket stub from the 1947 Cup Final.
    Signed Yellow away shirt by Johnathan Fortune….mint condition.
    My yellow On Stage Access Badge for the Summer of 74 Who Concert……May 18th 1974.
    Also got loads of other bits and pieces but mostly general run of the mill stuff.
  • Options
    Programme and ticket stub from the 1947 Cup Final.
    Signed Yellow away shirt by Johnathan Fortune….mint condition.
    My yellow On Stage Access Badge the Summer of 74 Who Concert……May 18th 1974.
    Now that is very cool! 
  • Options
    Just remembered…..and it’s staring straight at me.
    A huge 110cm X 87cm Tom Morris framed and signed picture of Sasha Ilic running out with the ball when he saved the Michael Gray penno at Wembley.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I’ve also got a collection of players photo cards from the 20’s and cigarette cards from the 30s onwards. 

Have loads of player signed stuff as well, mainly from the late 70’s - early 90’s. 
    Any chance that the museum could get some scans of those autographs? It's for a small project that we are undertaking.
    You can but most of them are at my mums in her loft so might take a while for me to sort out.

@Henry Irving the player photos are 35x45mm and here’s a few examples:

Thanks @DaveMehmet

There is a whole starange world of Pinnace collecting out there.

The larger cards are really sort after.

https://pinnacecards.wordpress.com/an-introduction/
  • Options
    Program from the day I was born, signed by the legend that is Keith Peacock who was on the team that day.

A signed ball from the full squad that sits on my dressing table with ‘Be good Christine’ from SCP.
    And next to that is my Scott Minto autograph 🤩

I do have other bits & bobs but they’re my favourites 😍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    FA Cup Winner's Medal  B)

Not mine but my step-grandfather John Thomas Thornton Shreeve but known as Jack  (if that's a thing - he was my step-mother's father)
    We have a winner - close the thread
  • Options
    Paolo Di Canio signed my programme.. 

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Not mine but my step-grandfather John Thomas Thornton Shreeve but known as Jack  (if that's a thing - he was my step-mother's father)

That is superb. Not sure how that can be beaten - maybe two fa cup medals? 😃
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

And the blazer badges and scrapbook
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    A Birthday card signed by the Team and Manager I received when I was 8 , in 1969 , my dad managed to sort it,  as he knew Dick Nieve ?   The Stadium Announcer at the  time.
  • Options
    A placard I had for back to the Valley was behind the goal and photo was in the Sunday papers what a great day that was at the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a Kick Racism out of football sweatshirt signed by Martin Pringle
  • Options
    Piece of the old Valley turf from the Stoke game
    Signed program and shirt from Derek Hales testimonial by all players from both teams
    Match worn and signed Izale McLeod shirt
    Program I appeared in when I ran the London Marathon for Whizz Kidz and Junior Reds
  • Options
    'Thanks Curbs' sign held up at his last game at Old Trafford. 
  • Options
    Super Clive signed red MESH shirt! 
  • Options
    How could I forget my Brescia cushion swapped for my Charlton scarf from the Anglo Italian Cup game
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

As kids, on the way to school, we would stop off in Jack Shreeve's sweetshop most mornings.

Although I knew that he had played for Charlton, stupidly I didn't realise that he had a Cup Winners medal.  If only we had asked 'Mr Shreeve' if we could see it!