Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    That was a great performance. Drove up there and stopped off in Sheffield for a curry on the way home.
  • Options
    what a team, what a squad we had back then .. that season was probably my happiest as an Addick
  • Options
    That was a great performance. Drove up there and stopped off in Sheffield for a curry on the way home.
    Motor must’ve smelled lovely.
  • Options
    I drove up, had a beer afterwards & stayed over. Then played 2 rounds of golf at The  Halifax Golf club......the first round taking almost 6 hours due to fog (couldn't see the greens, or the ditches/ravines dotted around the course) and @jimmymelrose being a crap golfer. He left after the 1st round & me and my usual golfing partner had to rush the 2nd round to finish before it got  dark. No lunch apart from a Mars bar from the pro shop. 
  • Options
    That team was the nuts.
  • Options
    Don't remember the match.
    Don't remember the golf really.
    I do remember golfie being grumpy. 
    Don't you remember being sent on ahead on a couple of holes so you could show us where the flag/green was. 

• Options
    I drove up, had a beer afterwards & stayed over. Then played 2 rounds of golf at The  Halifax Golf club......the first round taking almost 6 hours due to fog (couldn't see the greens, or the ditches/ravines dotted around the course) and @jimmymelrose being a crap golfer. He left after the 1st round & me and my usual golfing partner had to rush the 2nd round to finish before it got  dark. No lunch apart from a Mars bar from the pro shop. 
    Sam Bartram wasn’t there was he?
  • Options
    Don't remember the match.
    Don't remember the golf really.
    I do remember golfie being grumpy. 
    Don't you remember being sent on ahead on a couple of holes so you could show us where the flag/green was. 

No, the brain erases memories of traumatic experiences. 😄.
    So I had to hike on ahead as a golfie dogsbody, did I?
    You probably made me carry all three golf bags on my back and then moaned at me for leaving you with the driver and not the 3 wood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was only 15.  Remember pestering my dad to take me as I had gone to Norwich away on a Tues night earlier in the season, but this one would've meant an afternoon off school and most likely the next day.  Had it fallen in half term week I would've been there.  Such a great season.  Still the best ever for me given my age at the time
  • Options
    Are we the only club that celebrates the twenty-fourth anniversary of a league win at Huddersfield?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Are we the only club that celebrates the twenty-fourth anniversary of a league win at Huddersfield?
    We’re the only club who can 
  • Options
    I was there :-) 
  • Options
    Don't remember that Brown goal, as the only one that usually gets replayed is that 30 yarder!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I was 2 years old

Edit. Wasn't there. Just wanted to make a few of you feel old.
  • Options
    That was my one & only trip to that ground.