Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Good evening, Thomas. I hope you're here to sort out this mess.

Four changes: Sean Clare, Albie Morgan, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Jayden Stockley all come in

Team Lineup:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter (c), Lavelle, Famewo, Souaré; Clare, Morgan, Gilbey; Leko, Stockley, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Henderson, Matthews, Pearce, Watson, Jaiyesmi, Davison, Washington

Good to see you back on duty Oggy it was like the world had come to an end on Saturday with you and Ross1 otherwise engaged. Fortunately Ali came to the rescue………..eventually 😉.
  • Options
    Poor old Jake does not look very comfortable on charlton TV. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Southbank said:
    No ballwinner in midfield. Nobody who has the energy to carry the ball from midfield to attack.

So my guess, the back four pass it around, vainly looking for an outball, then hoof it up to Stockley.
    Meanwhile Leko and CBT hang around waiting for the pass that never comes, and do not track back when Accy attack, leaving our full backs exposed.
    There, no need for post match thread.
    To be fair, if Gilbey and Clare have an attacking ability, it's forward ball-carrying
    I hope you are right, but I have not seen it yet. Lets revisit after the game.
  • Options
    Curbs has just said it’s about time the fans got behind the team 😳
  • Options
    Curbs talking sense again, JFC saying we need to do the basics right and admitted they are not talking about play-offs, just want to get a run moving!
  • Options
    J FC just said the players aren't talking about getting in the top six.

Oh well, at least they are realistic! 
  • Options
    nearly a 4 4 2 .. not a bad side ON PAPER, let's see how it does on grass .. come on you Addickssaaa 
  • Options
    Wonder if we will get a look at Thomas before and during the game, could be interesting if they had a short interview as well, post match comments could be watchable  :)
  • Options
    has JFK shrunk?
  • Options
    Matt Walker was my cricket coach 25 years ago and he hasn't changed a bit.  Maybe shrunk a bit...... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nigel spun his wheel of fortune and it’s landed on Morgan today.

Fucking clueless.
  • Options
    has JFK shrunk?
    Not another conspiracy theory - get behind the grassy knoll!
  • Options
    J FC just said the players aren't talking about getting in the top six.

Oh well, at least they are realistic! 
    I hope that they bloody arent either !!   What the players should be saying is that we are far better than 3rd bottom & we need to show the fans some fight, play as a team &  start moving up the table.

On fact the convo should be about why we are NOT in the play offs and why we ARE in the bottom 4.
  • Options
    nearly a 4 4 2 .. not a bad side ON PAPER, let's see how it does on grass .. come on you Addickssaaa 

You could play that as the 442/433 mix with one Midfielder (Clare or Morgan) wide, CBT the winger further up the pitch on the other with Stockley/leko the two,  Leko sitting a bit wide.

McGillivray
        Gunter Lavelle Famewo Souare
         Clare Gilbey morgan
                                                CBT
                    Leko Stockley

Rather than the 4231 midfield 3
  • Options
    Stockley captain 
    I hate this. Not a leader in any way
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Stockley captain 
    I hate this. Not a leader in any way
    Sad thing is, in that team who is?! 
  • Options
    Curbs has just said it’s about time the fans got behind the team 😳
     offered the job ? 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Fortunately I’ve got an excuse not to watch tonight.

We’ll start well but eventually fall apart, with the same issues we’ve seen all season - can’t defend, can’t play out from the back, pass the ball, press, create chances or score enough goals.

If we win it’ll be due to the front 3 having good games and that midfield 3 somehow doing enough to battle through the game. Against an organised team who will fight for everything I don’t fancy our chances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C'mon you Addicks!
  • Options
    Might go and crank up Call Of Duty.
  • Options
    An electric atmosphere at a packed Valley. The Addicks look to get their promotion push back on track against the mighty Accrington.

Deafening noise in the ground.
  • Options
    has JFK shrunk?
    By a head or so....
  • Options
    Morgan will be MOM !

This will be our most mobile midfield with Morgan, Clare and Gilbey with CBT and Leko being fed.

Just like Cafc to win this game when Cafc fans go AWOL.

It's been a shambles this season with no leadership but maybe just maybe.

• Options
    Sandgaard currently talking with Adkins in front of the tunnel
  • Options
    The Kent Spitfires are here!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Matt Walker was my cricket coach 25 years ago and he hasn't changed a bit.  Maybe shrunk a bit...... 

Redistribution of mass - taken off height, added to width.
  • Options
    Only DBD and Blake of the players. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!