Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Sunderland 0-1 Charlton

many thanks to the 49 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Everyone over 7, including the ref  :)
  • The three returnees to the squad all end up in the top four of the Statbank!!
  • After some record low scores against Accrington Stanley, we have a quantum leap with high scores against Sunderland.
  • Will Stockley get to match week 19 before next yellow and 1 game ban?
  • ross1 said:
    Will Stockley get to match week 19 before next yellow and 1 game ban?
    All the yellows include all games, league and cup. Stockley has one yellow from a cup game and I don't know what counts towards a ban??????
  • The stats show that (goals apart) Sunderland were the best team.
    The game was pretty equal to be fair, but once we took the lead I was always confident we would win.
  • Quite a dramatic contrast to the collective opinion after Accrington.
    The game was pretty equal to be fair, but once we took the lead I was always confident we would win.
    I wasn't!
    We won lots more aerial duals and had better tackle success rate. Suggests to me we also won the fight. Watching the game I definitely thought we deserved the 3 points. 
  • edited October 2021
    The Juxtaposition between our games against Accrington Stanley and Sunderland should be studied by Anthropologists. The polar opposite scores and opinions are a thing to behold.

To see the opinions of this is the "worst Cafc team in history" to we still can make the playoffs shows the ever changing mood swings of football fans/critics.

"Football isn't life and death, it's more important than that"

Bill Shankly, you were spot on and that's why it gives us our greatest highs and pushes us to the pits of despair.

• Sponsored links:

• IanJRO said:
    The stats show that (goals apart) Sunderland were the best team.
    We won lots more aerial duals and had better tackle success rate. Suggests to me we also won the fight. Watching the game I definitely thought we deserved the 3 points. 
    Agreed, it just shows stats often aren't a good indicator.
  • IanJRO said:
    The stats show that (goals apart) Sunderland were the best team.
    Agreed, it just shows stats often aren't a good indicator.
    Except the most important of them all... Sunderland 0-1 Charlton.