Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Cavallo

Adelaide United midfielder Josh Cavallo has posted online about becoming (probably) the only current male professional footballer in the world to be out.  Very best wishes to him. 

Comments

• Brave thing to do but, hopefully, more will do so now
  • Good luck to him.
  • I imagine more people would be bothered if he had said he is a secret Pommie lover 

Fair play for announcing it.
    Shame that in this day and age that it is so rare that it makes it a newsworthy story. 
  • An incredibly sad reflection on football that players still feel the need to hide who they are for fear of being judged or ostracised. 

• edited October 2021
    An incredibly sad reflection on football that players still feel the need to hide who they are for fear of being judged or ostracised. 

We all know the stick will not come from team mates or management from within the club, it will be fans from the opposition and social media.

Whilst I think it is sad some people have to live their lives as a "lie" opposition fans will slaughter him and if were in the UK it would be open season on the terraces. 
  • Sponsored links:

• An incredibly sad reflection on football that players still feel the need to hide who they are for fear of being judged or ostracised. 

We all know the stick will not come from team mates or management from within the club, it will be fans from the opposition and social media.

Whilst I think it is sad some people have to live their lives as a "lie" opposition fans will slaughter him and if were in the UK it would be open season on the terraces. 
    Not sure if everyone is that backward these days - it's just a minority. The clubs can make a stand if they are serious about it.

• Incredible that this should even make the news ! An indictment of football that it does. Sad that there are still so many bigots in existence that others fear being honest
  • Would be great if a big name came out, or a massive name 😉