Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Titanic Exhibition - In London

Comments

• London
  • Anyone know where this is going to be held?

https://titanicexhibitionlondon.com/
    They haven’t confirmed it yet. The site just says :

Location: An exhibition space in the heart of London—location to be revealed
  • My great-grandfather was a joiner at Harland and Wolff when the ship was being constructed
  • TelMc32 said:
    Anyone know where this is going to be held?

https://titanicexhibitionlondon.com/
    They haven’t confirmed it yet. The site just says :

Location: An exhibition space in the heart of London—location to be revealed
    Charlton House
  • We went to the one in Belfast and was a bit disappointed. Maybe this will be better.
  • The Excel maybe?
    On second thoughts, that might be rather too big.🤔
  • The Excel maybe?

Also, if the organisers described Excel as "The heart of London", they'd be rightly sued...

The exhibition wont be massive so there are dozens of venues in central London that could host it.

A bit strange however that they can't name the venue when tickets are already on sale. Perhaps Covid restrictions / resource availability are resulting in the need to have several options available to them at short notice.
  • My Mrs got us the early bird tickets for this…it’s for February,I didn’t know that there is no venue announced for it at this time tho…🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if The Mansion House would consider entertaining an exhibition, perfect location if so?
  • The Excel maybe?

Also, if the organisers described Excel as "The heart of London", they'd be rightly sued...

The exhibition wont be massive so there are dozens of venues in central London that could host it.

A bit strange however that they can't name the venue when tickets are already on sale. Perhaps Covid restrictions / resource availability are resulting in the need to have several options available to them at short notice.
    Let's hope it's not a Ryanair definition of central London :)
  • edited October 2021
    Not knowing the location is the tip of the iceberg for me...

Talk about being disorganised 
  • Sink.

All the way from  Belfast.
  • Same place the last one was the O2
  • Lets hope the venue isn't the bandstand in St James Park, as they'd need to re-arrange the deck chairs.
  • If only there was something like a national maritime museum..
  • vffvff
    edited October 2021

Titantic stopped off in Cobh, Ireland on the South Coast as a last port of call after leaving Southampton. I saw a nice exhibition there when visiting. It is worth checking out if you are ever visiting that part of the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    Anyone think it’s a scam?

Bit dodgy asking for payment, with no set venue?
  • Anyone think it’s a scam?

Bit dodgy asking for payment, with no set venue?
    With location TBA I think it is a scam. 

Saw one at Greenwich in the late 90's was very good. All cashed in on the back of the film.
  • lindos480 said:
    I'm going to get tickets for me, my son and his girlfriend but I've told him he needs to be prepared to wait patiently in the queue because it will probably be women and children first.
    Rich women and children first with the oiks of all genders denied access until it’s too late. 
  • Just looked at the website. Can’t announce venue but can state opening hours. In many places the Tit of Titanic is double underlined in red. Prices can vary depending of when you book but prices perfected by a $ sign. Looks good but I’m not convinced.
  • I think this thread should be sunk
  • I think this thread should be sunk
    But should the Captain of the thread go down with it? 
  • Just looked at the website. Can’t announce venue but can state opening hours. In many places the Tit of Titanic is double underlined in red. Prices can vary depending of when you book but prices perfected by a $ sign. Looks good but I’m not convinced.
    It's legit, it's organised by a Nigerian Prince and he said to meet on the Woolwich ferry
  • I worked with a lad (Palace fan) nice bloke whose great great uncle was a Steward on the Titanic. Died on that night. 
  • I've seen invitations to conferences/seminars, etc, in the past where the venue is "TBC" when they've clearly been looking to gaugue the uptake before deciding on the size of venue they need to book, which makes sense if you're unsure of the number of seats you are going to need.

But presumably this exhibition needs a defined area of space to operate it, which they would know in advance, so it all seems a bit strange asking people to book something when they have no idea where it is taking place. Odd.