Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 4-0 Doncaster

many thanks to the 83 lifers who gave marks
these are the highest team and MOM marks this season, bettered 19-20 season by:
MoM: 8.92 by Pratley H to Derby & Sarr A at N.Forest
Team: 7.62 Leeds H

Comments

• Options
    I see Rotherham are the form team of League 1!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Bit tough on MacGillivray...but then he had very little to do...
  • Options
    I see Rotherham are the form team of League 1!
    Surprised that we're 8th in it!!
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Slightly harsh on Gunter to be 2nd worst too, I didn't think Famewo was better than him
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Slightly harsh on Gunter to be 2nd worst too, I didn't think Famewo was better than him
    Agreed. Famewo made 2 bad mistakes in the first half, which would have led to goals against a half decent team.
    Next 2 games against Rotherham and Plymouth at home (Burton likely to be off with internationals), will sort out whether the improvement is real! let's hope so. 
  • Options
    Kind of mad that Dobson committed 0 fouls. He was indeed very close to perfect. Let's get that 74% higher and you might score over 9 next time ;) 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Leuth said:
    Kind of mad that Dobson committed 0 fouls. He was indeed very close to perfect. Let's get that 74% higher and you might score over 9 next time ;) 
    How do you feel about Pearce having the highest pass completion?

We never needed a replacement for Naby Sarr when that player was already here ;)
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    CafcWest said:
    Agreed. Think he's been marked down for being Chris Gunter, resident scapegoat. One poster even said they were scoring him low because they don't like him. Others get a clean slate under Jacko, but Gunter apparently doesn't. 
    I don’t disagree with your comment as to why he was scored low for this game but he’s not a scapegoat - he’s been at fault for so many goals due to his poor positional sense and inability to stop crosses coming in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    How do you feel about Pearce having the highest pass completion?

We never needed a replacement for Naby Sarr when that player was already here ;)
    I've long said Pearce is underrated on the ball, but the truth is that this formation meant he had a short pass available every time. Long live this formation 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    CafcWest said:
    Agreed. Think he's been marked down for being Chris Gunter, resident scapegoat. One poster even said they were scoring him low because they don't like him. Others get a clean slate under Jacko, but Gunter apparently doesn't. 
    I don’t disagree with your comment as to why he was scored low for this game but he’s not a scapegoat - he’s been at fault for so many goals due to his poor positional sense and inability to stop crosses coming in. 
    Yeah, I'm not defending his performances at the start of the season, but the difference in marking treatmwnt against Matthews, who has arguably been worse this season but put a shift in at Sunderland, is quite notable. Hopefully we see the Gunter that plays for Wales, now we're under new management. 
  • Options
    In a sense you are both right.

1) Gunts is not a scapegoat because for that he would need to be unfairly blamed for the poor performance of others, whereas I believe he has actually received stick for his own poor performances.

2) Gunts should be fairly marked on his performance on the day alone. Previous performances are totally irrelevant.

Ultimately though someone had to be the lowest scoring outfield player and after a cracking team performance like that where they are all 7+, it's more a case of being 10th best.

• Options
    Kips said:
    In a sense you are both right.

1) Gunts is not a scapegoat because for that he would need to be unfairly blamed for the poor performance of others, whereas I believe he has actually received stick for his own poor performances.

2) Gunts should be fairly marked on his performance on the day alone. Previous performances are totally irrelevant.

Ultimately though someone had to be the lowest scoring outfield player and after a cracking team performance like that where they are all 7+, it's more a case of being 10th best.

I've only one thing to say about anyone who'd mark down a performance because they don't like someone.

What a Gunt!