Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Advance train tickets for Plymouth [18/12/21]

edited November 2021 in Match Day Travel
Tickets now on sale & are quite expensive.

A super off peak return ticket costs £109.00 [£71.90]
Advance singles cost £61.10 [£40.30] in both directions on most trains, except the 19.50 dep from Plymouth arr Paddington 23.43 where advance singles cost £34.20 [£22.55]
Train times
Dep Paddington 8.04 arr Plymouth 11.10
Dep Paddington 9.04 arr Plymouth 12.13
Dep Paddington 10.04 arr Plymouth 13.16
Dep Paddington 11.04 arr Plymouth 14.12

Dep Plymouth 18.16 arr Paddington 21.39
Dep Plymouth 18.27 arr Paddington 22.55 change at Bristol Parkway
Dep Plymouth 19.50 arr Paddington 23.43

Railcard fares in brackets

Advance warning for Cheltenham away [15/1/22] engineering works mean buses replace trains between Reading & Swindon so will affect fares & journey times.

Comments

• edited November 2021
    That price! Just checked Skyscanner and you can fly 2 people to Rome and back that weekend for less, and still have some beer or coffee money left over.

"Advance warning for Cheltenham away [15/1/22] engineering works mean buses replace trains between Reading & Swindon so will affect fares & journey times."

FFS. No doubt Crewe will get moved to a Tuesday as well.

• clive said:

Advance singles cost £61.10 in both directions on most trains, except the 19.50 dep from Plymouth arr Paddington 23.43 where advance singles cost £34.20 [£22.55]
    Train times

Advance warning for Cheltenham away [15/1/22] engineering works mean buses replace trains between Reading & Swindon so will affect fares & journey times.
    Plymouth the Saturday before Christmas is one for the real hard core!

A shame it's not in April or August/September when you could combine it with a bit of a holiday on the coast!
  • Got a wedding on the 19th so was really undecided on this one. Those prices may have made my mind up for me!
  • edited November 2021
    Trainsplit is your friend.

Can get there and back direct for £60 quid with a railcard.
  • edited November 2021
    Belv said:
    Trainsplit is your friend.

Can get there and back direct for £60 quid with a railcard.
    Interesting
    I have to do it the other way round for the home game.
  • Croydon said:
    Got a wedding on the 19th so was really undecided on this one. Those prices may have made my mind up for me!
    You shouldn't have proposed then.
  • @clive is the Bible for advanced purchase tickets, this sums up how things are at the moment for train travel.  Very expensive.
    My experiences have shown that it is a pain in the bottom negotiating various sites to get a relatively decent fare.
  • Croydon said:
    Got a wedding on the 19th so was really undecided on this one. Those prices may have made my mind up for me!
    Don’t get pissed on your stag do then Down in Plymouth 
  • @clive is the Bible for advanced purchase tickets, this sums up how things are at the moment for train travel.  Very expensive.
    My experiences have shown that it is a pain in the bottom negotiating various sites to get a relatively decent fare.
    The Saturday before Christmas is the start of the Christmas period for some
    The Saturday before Christmas is the start of the Christmas period for some
    Agreed, BUT virtually empty trains suggest these hikes are needed to be looked at.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Advance singles cost £61.10 [£40.30] in both directions on most trains, except the 19.50 dep from Plymouth arr Paddington 23.43 where advance singles cost £34.20 [£22.55]
    Train times

Cheltenham away could use the route for what I do for Cheltenham festival 
    Euston - b new street 
    b new street - Cheltenham