Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Morris photo collection to be preserved in museum.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if it was one of Tom's, but I remember a great photo taken before the Arsenal cup game in 1969. 

The Charlton players must've travelled to the parade ground or maybe the Rotunda and had draped themselves all over the Cannons.  It featured in the Mercury, I thought I had saved a copy, but a recent recce into the loft has proved fruitless.  Would be good to see it again if possible?     
    I’ve got that photo up in the loft.
  • Options
    Ditto some Charlton pics

The pic with Killer - I think was Walsal away 75 when we won 1-0
    Twas a fun day out
    Fun day out wasn’t what I would call it.
    But mid 70s we just got use to it.

Re Toms photos have many hanging on the wall and ceiling at home. Loved chatting to him both at games and via zoom calls
  • Options
    Not sure if it was one of Tom's, but I remember a great photo taken before the Arsenal cup game in 1969. 

The Charlton players must've travelled to the parade ground or maybe the Rotunda and had draped themselves all over the Cannons.  It featured in the Mercury, I thought I had saved a copy, but a recent recce into the loft has proved fruitless.  Would be good to see it again if possible?     
    It’s not Tom’s picture. It was probably taken by a Mercury staff photographer, but their archive was destroyed, probably when they moved to Deptford High Street. I did republish the picture, scanned from the paper, a few years ago.
  • Options

This was one of my earliest Charlton memories.
    Like you I reckon I'd have them in a scrap book somewhere. 
  • Options
    Always loved his pictures in the programme. Please could we have a history of Tom's history with the club. When did he start his connection with Charlton, was he a staff member or freelance. When did commence work with the programme and when did he retire. Roughly how many seasons. I quite often see Peter Burrows in the Glades in Bromley having a coffee in Gardinos mid morning, and spoke to him once. Always appreciated his work, brings back great memories.