Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup - what else are you going to do today ?

If Jackson is taking the FA Cup more seriously, you’ve enjoyed the games under his temporary managership  so far and you want to back him getting the job full time, then what’s your excuse for not going today ? Make the effort to go today, make some noise and watch a charlton team that wants to compete for its manager. It’s got to beat whatever else you’ll be doing, especially if that includes trying to follow the game remotely and we are winning.

Comments

• Options
    More important things to worry about, like getting further up the league.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    More important things to worry about, like getting further up the league.
    So you not going today to support the team will help us get get further up the league ?
  • Options
    Running around after my kids. Like every weekend. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Running around after my kids. Like every weekend. 
    I would say take them to the game but when they were young I took all my 3 girls to a fa cup match at the valley once, two of them talked to each other nonstop all through the match then told their mother afterwards they didn’t like it because it was too noisy. You’re excused. 
  • Options
    I was considering taking my daughter but she wants to go to the Biggin Hill museum so we’re doing that instead. Have booked us in for a ceramic poppy making workshop.
  • Options
    I know you cannot live in the past but cup games when I first started watching  football where the pinnacle of the season.Anyone  remember Burton Albion,we won 7-0 in darkness,with supporters lighting newspapers  to keep the game going,also their supporters putting a giant beer bottle replica in the centre circle.The memorable tie against Everton 2-2 ,so many others,now sadly,no one is interested.I hope Havant enjoy their day at the Valley,it is a pity it will be nigh on empty.
  • Options
    I know you cannot live in the past but cup games when I first started watching  football where the pinnacle of the season.Anyone  remember Burton Albion,we won 7-0 in darkness,with supporters lighting newspapers  to keep the game going,also their supporters putting a giant beer bottle replica in the centre circle.The memorable tie against Everton 2-2 ,so many others,now sadly,no one is interested.I hope Havant enjoy their day at the Valley,it is a pity it will be nigh on empty.
    Get enough in the covered end proper (lower north) and a Jackson team playing like it has in the last two home games will bring that cup magic back
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    without wanting to bore anybody coz i've made my point a few times now, i'm not going out of protest really i guess - the fa cup games are now nothing but reserve games and that is wrong / sad - until that changes, i'm done with them and promised myself last season or whenever it was that i won't be going  to them - i'll be playing poker and then snooker this afternoon instead.
  • Options
    Haircut, looking at a new kitchen design, and then watching cricket (missus doesn’t know about the last one yet!).
  • Options
    I'm going and quite looking forward to it. 
    See you all there  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Celebrating Mum's 70th... she didn't put Havant on her wish list unfortunately. 
  • Options
    I’ve got tickets for today, but my sons just informed me it’s double XP on the new Call Of Duty game today.

I feel my Call Of duty lies at the Valley though.
  • Options
    Early Christmas shopping, England T20 World Cup cricket, overlapping with England vs Tonga and Wales vs South Africa rugby games. That and now living 130 miles away from The Valley makes Charlton vs a non-league side in the first round of the FA Cup particularly un-appealing.
  • Options
    Well I'm in town anyway, so why not?
    Wouldn't have bothered without the Jacko effect though.
  • Options
    the jacko effect and wanting to show support for him has me wavering but i must stay strong
  • Options
    Spending time with the family.

Attended enough shocking FA Cup performances over the years to not bother anymore.

On top of the fact its a bloody faff getting to the Valley now what with the ULEZ
  • Options
    At the Valley with my 2 boys
  • Options
    Preparing for my fathers funeral on Monday.  He was not a keen follower of sport, my grandad and uncle took me to The Valley, but he always asked how Charlton were doing, I usually replied "shit".
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Celebrating Mum's 70th... she didn't put Havant on her wish list unfortunately. 
    Great, surprise her with a different birthday present, she will want to go every Saturday... B)
  • Options
    Fuck me...T20 cricket stopping people going to an FA Cup game.

How times have changed....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrs AUN, who has just received her first pay packet from her new job which is considerably more than she got paid in her previous employment, is taking me to Turtle Bay for lunch as a thank you for paying for everything whilst she was waiting for funds. Buying me some rice and peas will go so way to making up for me having to explore the myriad of sanitary products for the last couple of months.
  • Options
    I'm going . It's either that or shopping with the missus . No Brainer 
  • Options
    Building a new greenhouse, having out grown the old  one and a couple of sheds, my plants need protection and heat over the winter,  roll on Burton next week. 
  • Options
    Preparing for my fathers funeral on Monday.  He was not a keen follower of sport, my grandad and uncle took me to The Valley, but he always asked how Charlton were doing, I usually replied "shit".
    Yeah, thoughts with you and your family mate 
  • Options
    Driving little lairy Cnut to cricket training (already taken the mouthy shit to and from football training) 
    then picking older boffin geek up from a sixth form entry exam , then back to pick little cnut up 
    then fat Cnut (also known as Peter Kay ) taking to a paintball party or some shit then pick him up with the other two , scary mrs and petrol head Cnut and taking them to school for fireworks , load of old shit .. fuck families 
    The dads a c*** for driving them everywhere.
  • Options
    Preparing for my fathers funeral on Monday.  He was not a keen follower of sport, my grandad and uncle took me to The Valley, but he always asked how Charlton were doing, I usually replied "shit" x
    Sorry to hear your sad news. I hope it goes as well as these things can on Monday.
  • Options
    We are in Cornwall, at the moment we are sitting on the balcony drinking a coffee deciding what to do for the rest of the day. We are booked in for “drive in fireworks” tonight at Cornwalls show ground so it will probably be a walk, lunch, cider, back for a shower then fireworks.