Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup second-round tie set for Friday, December 3rd (7.45pm)

Charlton's Emirates FA Cup second-round tie against either Gateshead or Altrincham will take place on Friday, December 3rd (7.45pm GMT) and will be televised live on ITV4.

During the draw which took place on Monday evening, the Addicks were pulled out of the hat alongside the non-League duo who will face each other in a first-round replay on Tuesday, November 16th for the right to host Charlton in round two, after playing out a 2-2 draw at the Gateshead International Stadium on Saturday,

Full information on tickets for the second-round fixture will be announced once confirmed.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/618cd555a6730/fa-cup-second-round-tie-set-for-friday-december-3rd-745pm

Comments

• Options
    I personally am pleased that its on a Friday night and I can watch it on ITV 4.
    Going to a top of the table clash on the Saturday in the Kent League on the exotic Isle of Sheppey.

North West or North East on a Friday isn't great for a game with the travelling but we do have many Midland and Northern Ex pats who may fancy the trip ?
  • Options
    Bloody nora... ITV4!!! - Give us a proper channel or we riot!!!
  • Options
    @altrinchamaddick is prepared to travel (as long as Gateshead don't win Replay) 

He can be home for news at 10  :)
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I've got a good feeling about this one. We've never lost a live televised game in the FA Cup on ITV4 on a Friday in December. 
    Especially when that team is Altrincham or Gateshead ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    🍌 🍌 🍌 
  • Options
    🍌 🍌 🍌 

Agree it could be,
    That's why I believe the team will be similar to a League side under JJ especially if it's a National League premier side at home on a Friday night, on TV. 

Gateshead from National League North:
    Yes I did have to check when the draw was made because like FA, I thought it was Gateshead in NL and Altrincham in NLN.

Maybe similar to first round team by Cafc.
    The NE team should run out of stream sometime in the second half similar to the National League south team of Havant & Waterlooville