Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst sports commentators

As a counter-weight to the best sports commentators, who are the worst/most irritating?

I'll kick off with Motty, all the enthusiasm of someone aged 15 watching his first ever game of football, and sadly all the knowledge of a 15 year old watching his first game of football.

Comments

• Options
    Pretty much everyone from ITV football gets on my nerves.
  • Options
    John Champion.........ITV football, possibly the most boring voice I've ever heard
  • Options
    Clive "Big Club" Tyldsley
  • Options
    andy gray.
  • Options
    Martin Tyler and Motty are plain senile and ittitating.

Shame Hugh 'from the baseball ground' Johns passed away this week...

I had a patholigical hatred of Matt Smith from ITV.
  • Options
    This is a no contest

Its Barry Davies

Especially when he commentates on Tennis.
  • Options
    Any bird.
  • Options
    Clive Tyldsley is plain rubbish - he is so Man Ure it is untrue....
  • Options
    jim rosenthal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Ray Hudson without any shadow of a doubt

He used to play for Newcastle in the 1970's now he's a colour commentator for Gol TV in North America - imagine a hyped-up, unfunny Sid Waddell screaming nonsense non-stop for 90 minutes until he is painfully hoarse.......he commentates on a 0-0 draw between Getafe & Real Soceidad as though it's a 4-4 draw in the final of the world cup

The Yanks think he is the bees knees as he injects "pasion" into an otherwise dull sport - cretins!

Imagine 90 minutes of this........

I was also in the same class at school & good mates with Simon Brotherton (BBC - MOTD) and Dave Beckett (ITV), both of whom now travel the world commentating on the game - bastards.