Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone get a phonecall from Thomas Sandgaard?

It was very nice of Thomas to phone me twice today before he caught the plane over, to make sure that I was going tomorrow. I was too stunned to say anything so I suppose it may have been a recorded message. Anyone else get one?

Comments

• Options

Yes. It was indeed a recorded message. The disbelief and then delight at getting a call was then deflated somewhat when it was apparent it was not a personal call. And if it had been sent by email at least you could listen to it again if you wanted. 

• Options
    I thought it was a cold call so told him to f**k off & put the phone down. 

Shame, you could have asked him the outcome of the Stockley appeal.
  • Options
    Yes.
    With details of my free away train ticket for Plymouth.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yes, but i was told it was a secret, and not to tell anyone else, so hope i can trust you all..... B)
  • Options
    I’m disappointed that he didn’t personally speak to everyone going tomorrow, including the Plymouth fans. 
    Do better, Thomas. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    He's waiting outside the gates tomorrow to give everyone a mince pie and a wee dram, apart from golfaddick who was rude to him when he phoned!.
  • Options
    Yeah... Don't think people will be impressed when they see I've taken over from Johnnie next week
    I’d accept it was a a business decision , not a popularity contest 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Yeah... Don't think people will be impressed when they see I've taken over from Johnnie next week
    I’d accept it was a a business decision , not a popularity contest 
    Either way it would be a bad call from Thomas
  • Options
    He told me we was signing Simon church. 
    I hung up 
  • Options
    The last time he called me was the day after Bowyer left, to ask my advice on a replacement. I said Nigel Adkins would be a great appointment.........................He's not spoke to me since then
  • Options
    He asked me if I could play CB
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He asked me if I could play CB
    Is that a new chord he's working on for his Pizza final single?

• Options
    Yes but I explained that I thought he should offer Johnnie the job first, and if he turned it down to call me back.
  • Options
    I thought I'd blocked him, but he still got through. Always banging on about Jimmy someone...
  • Options
    Is this is this his way of claiming he spoke to 100 people in 24 hours about the manager’s job? 😉
  • Options
    He called me to give me his Prediction League forecasts. When he started with Charlton 9 Plymouth 0, I told him to get real.  
  • Options
    Talk about out of the loop, all you lucky people!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was woken up at 4 AM this morning by Thomas Sandgaard asking if I can play CB as Pearce has Sciatic, Elerewe played last night, Famewo is suspended, Inniss is unfit, Lavelle is still crocked.

I had to decline when he said I would be the giant* CB, with @ElfsborgAddick as RCB and @AFKABartram as LCB in a 3. 

* 5ft 8in
  • Options
    He rang me last night, as he's really keen that I have a clean sheet bed.
  • Options
    I did - he asked if I was ok to start work on Monday. I think he thought he had called Michael Beale. 
  • Options
    It shows how innovative he is.
    I really like the guy. He's a bit nuts but so then is everyone in their own way. It's just more evident in some than in others.