Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First single you bought

Comments

• Options
    Bow wow wow Wild in the Country
  • Options
    edited November 2021

..In My Chair..."The number one Rock 'n' Roll Band in the land"...Status Quo... B)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Davo55 said:
    The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel

Brilliant song, brilliant album - Paul Simon, one of the greatest ever songwriters.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    it was probably the happy hardcore song "Like a shooting star" by Bang in 1997. bought a year or so after its release. which means there is a possibility that i bought "Sweet like Chocolate" by Shanks and Bigfoot at roughly the same time. 

Though I did have "Do the Bartman" before any of that but it might of been a gift. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    iaitch said:
    Jimmy Ruffin - What becomes of the broken hearted.
    Great record
    Remember the school yard version.

What becomes of the broken hearted.
    Paid a penny and only farted.
  • Options
    Down The Dustpipe - Status Quo - March 1970
  • Options
    Mine was a double purchase - Three Lions and Wonderwall, both on tape.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Little Willy - The Sweet. Lol. Local record shop next to the Brockley Jack in Crofton Park. May have been 50p.

i can remember going into the Decca Shop in Lewisham High Street with my Mum when I was small, when she bought a 45. It was on the corner opposite the main entrance to the Riverdale Centre, before it existed. Sold electronics as well as records. I have a vague memory of EPs with 3 different artists on it.
  • Options
    She Loves You - The Beatles
  • Options
    B.A. Robertson - 'Knocked It Off'...can't remember where, 1979
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sherry .. 4 Seasons .. always thought it was Louie, Louie by The Kingsmen .. checking the release dates, Sherry was much earlier .. money earned (I was 12/13) from paper round and working as a kitchen porter
  • Options
    Starman by Bowie, with Suffagette City on the B side. 
  • Options
    Seemed to remember it was called ‘ splish splash I was having a bath’” by Charlie Drake. A funny little story re this, we were being taken around Abbey Road studios by Giles Martin (someone we know is a friend of his) he pointed out a photo in amongst all the famous groups was a photo, he asked who could name the singer, yes you were right to his amazement I got it straight away, it was Charlie Drake, Apparently I’m one of the only people to get it right. The reason his photo is there is that it’s was George Martin’s first artists big hit (might his first number one) that he produced.
  • Options
    Ride a White Swan by TRex
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    I always thought Suffragette city was the better side.
  • Options
    Very first was Brass in Pocket by the Pretenders, which was 25p in the reduced records box in Nuxley Road Post Office, Belvedere. They only sold remainders and ex jukebox stuff.
    My first full price one was Planet Earth by Duran Duran from TW Erith. 89p. Both 1981

• Options
    Think it was Kokomo by the beach boys or stupid questions by new model army
  • Options
    No Particular Place To Go - Chuck Berry
  • Options
    as with the albums, superb and diverse range of music  :)
  • Options
    Bought a £15 record player from the electrical shop in Lee, Nicholls, and 4 singles, It's My Life, (The Animals), Get Off My Cloud (Rolling Stones), I Got You Babe (Sonny & Cher) and Evil Hearted you (The Yardbirds). £1.6s.8d!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedJohn said:
    I always thought Suffragette city was the better side.
    I still cant make up my mind which is the better.
  • Options
    Coolio gangstas paradise most probably comes to mind or something by oasis. 
  • Options
    Didn't buy singles untill arriving in England (1984) and even then, very few... 'Jericho ' by simply red comes to mind (the 12 inch version )
  • Options
    One of the Pinky and Perky Christmas albums...
  • Options
    What’s so funny bout peace love and understanding - Nick Lowe
  • Options
    Queen Of Hearts - Dave Edmunds
  • Options
    Here Comes the Night
    Them
  • Options
    I can’t remember the track but the band was White Plains.
  • Options
    Things can only get better, by Howard Jones. Choice of seven covers but Tonbridge Woolworths only had hot pink.