Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

& Architects artist impressions of how the Valley might have looked from 2004

Found among the Tom Morris Archive in the museum

As it was/is

Comments

• As it would have been had the East Stand been developed by adding another small tier and more boxes

• How the ground would have looked from the Jimmy Seed Stand
  • The view from behind the East/Curbs Stand as it was and how it would have been with the living wall.

• The final stage of the planned development with the new museum circled.  Thanks Thomas.

• The final stage of the planned development with the new museum circled.  Thanks Thomas.

A thing of beauty…
  • always loved the look of the new covered end and the clear nod to the old one, would've been very cool... alas. 
  • It's still fun to look at years later. Isn't there more houses built down the back of Lansdowne Mews that would prevent this plan for the East Stand moving forward today?
  • edited November 2021
    It's still fun to look at years later. Isn't there more houses built down the back of Lansdowne Mews that would prevent this plan for the East Stand moving forward today?
    Yes.  The houses wouldn't stop the build itself but access to the site would be very very difficult IIRC but I'm no enginner.
  • I love the overhead illustrations, never seen those before.

I do like the single tier Curbs stand. The open air concourse area, unless it's chucking it down, is much nicer than the enclosed ones elsewhere
  • Shame there’s no pictures of what the JS stand would look like after developing 
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    Shame there’s no pictures of what the JS stand would look like after developing 
    last photo
  • Am I right it was to be about 35,000?
    Would have been amazing.  Not quite as good as the 80,000 on the Peninsula mind!
  • I remember 41,000 being mentioned some time back
  • I remember 41,000 being mentioned some time back
    Target 40k, right?