Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malaga 0 - Charlton 3 and Walton

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Is it just me being impatient, but why can't somebody from our comms department put a few more details up in relation to our friendly win in Spain today? Scorers all came from midfield fine, but with all these new signings and the majority of the dross out the door, I'm more enthusiastic about Charlton and our chances of having a successful season than ever. Feed us the the facts and stats ffs!

Why is Walton playing for the youth side in the UK rather than being out with the 1st team squad in Spain? Does Pardew not rate him or has he been injured, so is easing himself back? Anybody have any answers?

Comments

• Options
    in have no answers .
  • Options
    Lucy Lou, LoOkOut may have had a point in his/her criticism a short while a ago. How did you manage to fail to make your statement correctly whilst only using four words and one punctuation point poppet? In fairness spell check would of course recognise 'in' and would not offer you the option of replacing 'in' with 'I', so just curious rather than being overly critical. My Dad is dyslexic and if you suffer from dyslexia, apologies, I have always sympathised and helped my Dad to cope with the condition.
  • Options
    Sounds like Pavo needs to chill out a bit!
  • Options
    haha what a loser!! lucy lour your ruining charlton life for everyone... stop this madness at once!
  • Options
    lour: look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval

First (s)he gets upbraided for dyslexia then accused of frowning at the board. Remind me not to post unless it's really important.

OOOPS! Too late....
  • Options
    Perhaps Walton isnt with the first team because he is just not good enough!!

Only seen him play once for Charlton and he made Traore look good!
  • Options
    I've seen Walton play for the reserves & I must say he looked very poor. I know you can't always judge players in reserve games, but there is something missing in his game. I feel that our team is nowhere near good enough yet to mount a serious challenge this season & our centre midfield looks woefully weak. Come on Pards... Sort it Out!!
  • Options
    report now on main site.
  • Options
    Team against Malaga:

Charlton: Elliot, Semedo, McCarthy (Bougherra), Diawara (Fortune), Thatcher (Powell), Christensen (Moutaouakil), Holland, Sinclair (Ambrose), Thomas, Iwelumo, Todorov (Dickson).
  • Options
    Randolph & Varney injured.

Dean Sinclair played.

Judy Morris off the radar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we paid £1m for a struggling leeds reserve what a f***ing joke walton is
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we paid £1m for a struggling leeds reserve what a f***ing joke walton is

I haven't seen him play but didn't he get good reviews when he was on loan at Ipswich?
  • Options
    We actually paid £500k, and up to a million - if he played 1000 games, played for England in a World Cup Final and we finish Premier League Champions in consecutive seasons.

To be fair, we don't really know what this 19 year old could do for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We actually paid £500k, and up to a million - if he played 1000 games, played for England in a World Cup Final and we finish Premier League Champions in consecutive seasons.

To be fair, we don't really know what this 19 year old could do for us.

If the old Leeds ltd co. have been replaced by a new company do we still owe that debt? (not that it looks like it will be an issue in the near future)
  • Options
    From what I've seen of Walton at Leeds, he looked like an outstanding talent. Remember when he 1st broke through, he had the likes of Everton and Villa (top half Premier League sides) after him. Think he could be a major player next season.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]From what I've seen of Walton at Leeds, he looked like an outstanding talent. Remember when he 1st broke through, he had the likes of Everton and Villa (top half Premier League sides) after him. Think he could be a major player next season.

if ever you need a ringing endorsement that he is shite and we'll never see him play....

that is it :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]From what I've seen of Walton at Leeds, he looked like an outstanding talent. Remember when he 1st broke through, he had the likes of Everton and Villa (top half Premier League sides) after him. Think he could be a major player next season.

lol
  • Options

I think someone has hacked into Cunnings account, surely he'd never say anything positive about a player!
  • Options
    Thanks Guys ;-)