Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

25 minute half times

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'd rather revert to 10 minutes and have all the games finish at twenty to five.  What'll happen with Sports Report?  With time added on, most of the games won't be finished.  What about the classifieds?  James Alexander Gordon will be turning in his grave
  • Options
    25 minutes of listening to inane comments in mid winter at a volume that prevents you from hearing the person next to you? 

No thanks - with apologies to Uncle Robert attending his first game at the Valley for 40 years and the person trying to hit the bar that's not very 'kin far.
  • Options
    Would this proposal increase the risk of player injury as the muscles cool down? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Fuck that. Nothing but an excuse for more adverts pints of water that identify as lager
  • Options
    God no.  What am I going to do with 25 minutes that doesn't involve drinking utterly shit beer from a plastic mug? I'd rather save my drinking for a nice pub.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    How long is the half time at a NFL game? Maybe half time shows could become a thing. Squeeze and Jim Davidson could do a set at alternate games. 
    Girl Crying GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Dear God no !!! 25 minutes doing g sod all but avoiding buying piss poor beers and food at the bars in the freezing cold while footballers just wait doing nothing. Sod off. 15 minutes is too long.
    Exactly
  • Options
    Enough time for two people to hit the crossbar twice though. 
  • Options
    Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? No way it will happen, you would think.

But then who ever thought the World Cup would be awarded to a tiny state of dubious reputation, with no existing suitable stadia and no real history of playing the game. Oh yeah, with the tournament to be played in the middle of the fucking desert in winter time, thus disrupting the "normal" football season.

If there's money involved then never rule anything out.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? No way it will happen, you would think.

But then who ever thought the World Cup would be awarded to a tiny state of dubious reputation, with no existing suitable stadia and no real history of playing the game. Oh yeah, with the tournament to be played in the middle of the fucking desert in winter time, thus disrupting the "normal" football season.

If there's money involved then never rule anything out.
    Todays award for shoehorning the topic of your choice into a totally unconnected thread goes to....

Award Winning GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Off_it said:
    Yep, "shoehorning" a comment about changing the traditions of football into a thread about changing the traditions of football. Guilty.

OK sorry for my inappropriate flippancy.  As you were.  I seem to be getting into trouble on CL this evening...
  • Options
    I believed 15 minutes was the maximum time that can be allowed for half time. 

Teams don't actually have to hang around on a freezing pitch if they want to get on with it?

So would the 25 minutes just be a maximum limit after which the result would not be valid unless there were a real reason for it to be delayed?
  • Options
    enough time to bring out the cheerleaders
  • Options
    Clubs may want it hoping to sell more refreshments. 
    TV almost certainly want it for more advertising revenue. 
  • Options
    Not in favour.
  • Options
    It's 10 minutes. If there's a valid reason then yeah do it. 
  • Options
    Proposal rejected as expected. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    TS will be gutted - that would have been just enough time to set up a stage and belt out a few hits  ;)
  • Options
    Wait.... half time used to be 10 mins? When did it change? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proposal rejected as expected. 
    Gutted, I was enjoying witnessing all the middle aged men railing against the idea of change
  • Options
    5 minutes is plenty. Teams not leaving the field and maybe the orange segment to make a comeback. 
  • Options
    make 'em turn around straight away .. lazy overpaid bunch o wasters ((:>)
  • Options
    I think we should change to a 90 min break and 15 minutes of football................
  • Options
    I think we should change to a 90 min break and 15 minutes of football................
    What do you mean ‘change to’ I thought that was our style of play. 
  • Options
    Is that you Mr Evans?
  • Options
    It's only another 10 mins. Chill out. 
    Indeed. Fans can always leave 10 minutes before the end to 'beat the traffic'. :wink:

• Options
    Gives me more time to nip for a fag in the north stand toilets