Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fender Stratocaster

Has anyone got any recommendations for a big hardback book on the above, to put on my xmas list :)

something that covers the history, glossy photos etc but also a technical manual of sorts

Cheers

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    Love the fact that's being shipped from Nashville, Tennessee
  • bobmunro said:
    I saw that but the info on Amazon fairly limited to what was inside 

• www.backbeatbooks.com isbn 1-871547-81-4  -   It's more of a guitar Bible.

• If he's a decent striker and tall enough - sign him up.
    :smile:
  • edited November 2021
    Chizz said:
    razil said:
    Has anyone got any recommendations for a big hardback book on the above, to put on my xmas list :)

something that covers the history, glossy photos etc but also a technical manual of sorts

Cheers
    There's one thing you need to know about Fender Stratocasters (and many other models).

The ones stamped 'made in the USA' are more expensive than the ones that are 'made in Mexico'. 

The main difference between them is that the latter are made in Mexico by Mexicans. 

And the former are made in the USA. By Mexicans. 
    I know your comment is tongue in cheek, but that’s not the main difference! Build quality, fret, bridge and hardware are superior in the US made Fenders. As is the wood in the body.

But….. the vast majority of amateur players would not really notice a difference. I’ve got a Mexican made Tele and there is no perceivable difference playing that versus a US made equivalent which I also have - I’m equally crap at both! 
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    razil said:

Cheers
    There's one thing you need to know about Fender Stratocasters (and many other models).

The ones stamped 'made in the USA' are more expensive than the ones that are 'made in Mexico'. 

The main difference between them is that the latter are made in Mexico by Mexicans. 

I know your comment is tongue in cheek, but that’s not the main difference! Build quality, fret, bridge and hardware are superior in the US made Fenders. As is the wood in the body.

But….. the vast majority of amateur players would not really notice a difference. I’ve got a Mexican made Tele and there is no perceivable difference playing that versus a US made equivalent which I also have - I’m equally crap at both! 
    Am i right that you can get Japanese and Korean fenders to?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    razil said:

Cheers

Yes. But they're not so well regarded. Because they're generally not made by Mexicans. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    razil said:

Cheers

Yeah, some of the Asian made fenders are more expensive than USA made now
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    razil said:

Cheers

I promised my son I would buy him a real made in the USA Fender if he passed his GCSE’s to get into 6 form. He exceeded my expectations. 

• He got into 7 form?
  • IdleHans said:
    He got into 7 form?
    Not even close, he reverted back to type and was kicked out after a year. 
    With hindsight it was the best thing to happen to him, a bit of wake up. 10 years on he’s never been out of work and his Telecaster still gets strummed. 
    I bought him a fender bass in apple red, I can’t remember the model but I think it was Aerodyne. He has other fenders, (and other makes), since he left school, he’s become a bit of a collector and can actually play them. 
  • Recommended for anyone on a bit of a budget who would like to buy British 
  • razil said:

Cheers
    Decent DVD to shove on your list while you're at it - lasts 2.5 hours not bad for 6 quid ish.

The Strat Pack Live In Concert DVD