Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford to keep their home kit for TWO seasons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59477716

An excellent move, both for the finances of fans, but also environmentally.

This used to be normal. Unless you changed kit supplier, you'd alternate so that you'd have a new home kit one season, and a new change strip in the next. Then sometime in the late 2000s, football moved to all new kits (home, away, 3rd, European etc) every year. Kerching

Comments

• Options
    Outside of the top clubs, I do wonder if changing kit every season actually nets out to more profit. 

Annual sales might be more consistent but presumably at a lower base. Only kids and a niche group of adults are going to want to shell out £50+ ever year on a football shirt.

That's before you consider advoidable wastage - you can still buy Charlton's kit from last season in a few discount retailers.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I like the 2 year kit. Didn't is used to be that way?

Edit didn't read OP
  • Options
    I like the 2 year kit. Didn't is used to be that way?

Edit didn't read OP
    Didn’t help with shirt sponsors going burst.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The last time we had a kit for 2 seasons was the purple Nike away kit in 15/16 and 16/17. However, it was the third kit for the first season and then promoted to the away kit the following year, albeit with a change in sponsor (University of Greenwich to Betdaq).
  • Options
    Club not fleecing the fans = good news.
  • Options
    Club not fleecing the fans = good news.
    How frequently are they releasing new fleeces then?
  • Options
    I hope they wash them well between matches...