Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubbish sports

We have a beach foot volleyball tournament going on here at the moment. In other words some people who were not good enough to play real football, and not good enough to play real volleyball got together to invent a sport they could be world champions at for a few weeks. Then they discovered they were no good on a real surface, so stuck it on the beach!

All beach sport is rubbish, its for having a bit of fun when you are on holiday, not for championships and competitions. Why would anyone choose to watch something like football played on a dodgy surface?

In "top class" beach Volleyball the women are oblidged to wear skimpy costumes in the hope that it will get men to watch it, what a poxy game if you have to drag in spectators by showing a bit of cleavage!

Comments

• I agree with you mate totally.

However I always find myself drawn to the womens beach volleyball when its on!!
  • edited July 2007
    I would also add sports (if they can be called that) such as Dancesport and artistic gymnastics where the entire result always depends on the decision of judges given at the end of a competitor's participation rather than the role that referees, umpires, etc have in every proper competitive sport of enforcing its relevant laws during play.
  • They did swingball at the Dome the other week, and I'm a bit gutted I missed it.
  • Soccer ...
  • Was visiting my Dad at the weekend and he told me that they have an official "Beach Soccer" pitch in Ryde. I don't know much about it but think it's like normal football but they play on the beach. There are some "interesting" team names, including Wight Knuckle Ryde and Sandown Sociedad! Why don't they just play normal football?

http://www.englandbeachsoccer.com/