Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Using the "message" option on here

Just means your message ends up on the activity page, where everyone can see it, but probably won't be seen by the intended recipient.

@Valleysarr
@HardyAddick
@Ted\'s Addicksson

you might want to use the "inbox" instead

Comments

• Thanks @Henry Irving

There were a couple of messages for me that I hadn't seen as I leave you to monitor the activity page.

Sorry I missed your message last week @Ted\'s Addicksson and @Valleysarr you have mail in your inbox.
  • Addickted said:
    Thanks @Henry Irving

There were a couple of messages for me that I hadn't seen as I leave you to monitor the activity page.

Sorry I missed your message last week @Ted\'s Addicksson and @Valleysarr you have mail in your inbox.
    Me and @Curb_It enjoy the occasional unintentional laughs
  • @HardyAddick

You've just used the same message again and it's gone to the same activity page.

Try the "inbox" top right
  • Can those who have been affected by this let me know which version of the site you're using (charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com or forum.charltonlife.com, and mobile or desktop version) because I've tested this using both my ordinary user and my test user that doesn't have mod powers, and I can't replicate it. @HardyAddick, @Valleysarr and @Solidgone you're the latest ones to be affected by this.
  • Ah just looked for mine.  Here's the result:

Over the last 5 years
    14 people have called me 5 different unprintable names, of whom 6 have invited me for a fight
    5 people have insinuated I am a M*****ll supporter (not Motherwell)
    4 people have proposed marriage.

My life could have been so different if only I had known about this.

• @HardyAddick

You've just used the same message again and it's gone to the same activity page.

Try the "inbox" top right
    Hope I have done it right now. Fingers crossed 
  • Just out of curiosity, what is the point of the "message" option? 
  • edited December 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Can those who have been affected by this let me know which version of the site you're using (charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com or forum.charltonlife.com, and mobile or desktop version) because I've tested this using both my ordinary user and my test user that doesn't have mod powers, and I can't replicate it. @HardyAddick, @Valleysarr and @Solidgone you're the latest ones to be affected by this.
    I use both the mobile which doesn’t give the activity option and I think the other version which does give the activity page and search facility. 

I’ve just seen the activity page and I made a mistake with that message. 
  • Talal said:
    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of the "message" option? 
    Well, when it's working properly, it should just be a shortcut to sending them an inbox message, rather than having to go directly to your inbox and typing in their username (which comes in handy when there are people with very similar usernames).  Your activity "wall" which shows on your profile is for public messages - I use it to put up a message pointing people to the other mods when I know I'm going to be away for a while. I'm not sure if configurations of vanilla communities restrict who can Inbox people, and that's why you can have both.
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Talal said:
    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of the "message" option? 
    Well, when it's working properly, it should just be a shortcut to sending them an inbox message, rather than having to go directly to your inbox and typing in their username (which comes in handy when there are people with very similar usernames).  Your activity "wall" which shows on your profile is for public messages - I use it to put up a message pointing people to the other mods when I know I'm going to be away for a while. I'm not sure if configurations of vanilla communities restrict who can Inbox people, and that's why you can have both.
    Thanks.