Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Lars Høgh

A goalkeeper that most of you probably haven't heard of.

A true one club player legend, Lars Høgh, died yesterday, only 62 years old (cancer).
He played a massive 817 games for Thomas Sandgaard's local club OB Odense between 1977 and 2000.
Was also in goal for Denmark at the Mexico '86 World Cup.
His masterpiece was when he along with OB Odense beat Real Madrid 2-0 at Bernabeu (after losing 3-2 at home) in the UEFA Cup '94.

RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I remember him from Mexico 86. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I loved that Danish 86 team 
    RIP
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    817 games is fitting tribute. RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I remember a friendly between Denmark and Australia at Loftus Road back in Feb 2007.

I was pretty well oiled that night, when I arrived at the ground after hours and hours of drinking.

When I entered the stand behind one of the goals, I saw Lars Høgh (who was the goalkeeper coach for Denmark back then), doing warm up drills with Thomas Sørensen.
    Being shit faced, I started shouting O-D-E-N-S-E, O-D-E-N-S-E (as it's my local team from back home in Denmark). He saw me, stopped the drills, ran over behind the goal, gave me a hug and then went back to the drills.

That was Lars for you. Always had time for people.
    As they say in the town of Odense: It's easier to find a tree in the Sahara desert, than finding someone who has anything negative to say about Lars Høgh.