Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This £90m Solidarity Package...

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Am i right in thinkign that we won't see a penny of it this season ? That it will be to the benefit of every other club ?

Comments

• Options
    looking at the figures it seems that the £90mill headline figure could potentially be £60mill with around half of that figure going to the league for youth/community work.

It says from next season so I daresay we won't see any penny following promotion back to the prem come May 2008.

the figure breaks down as:

£5.4m for youth development
    £4m for community work
    £11.2m between the three division of the football league (around £150k per club)

with the rest coming when there are spare parachute payments (presumably when clubs go straight back up after coming down).

sounds more like a token gesture than a solidarity payment to me.
  • Options
    I hope we don't as I'm looking forward to being back in the Prem next year.

Guardian on-line is suggesting an average of an extra £900k for each Championship club but closer to an extra £1.3m in total for a club finishing 5th that was not recieving parachute money.

How the first £31.8m will be distributed next season

£5.4m Football League youth development

£4m Football League clubs' community investment

£11.2m Solidarity payment to be split among clubs in the Championship, League One and League Two

£11.2m Clubs will share this extra money because Sunderland and Birmingham City, promoted to the Premier League, are no longer receiving parachute payments
  • Options
    sorry, thought it was from this season.

So if we stay down next season, as we will still be getting a parachute payment, we won't be getting part of this ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]sorry, thought it was from this season.

So if we stay down next season, as we will still be getting a parachute payment, we won't be getting part of this ?

That's the way I read it but it's not totally clear. I thought it was for the 2007/8 season.