Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Had a walk around there yesterday. Apart from the buzz of the pylons its a real idyllic place. The beach/cement works there has a bit of a "Get Carter" feel about it. 

found an article about the area from the guardian:
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/dec/29/swanscombe-peninsula-walk-north-kent
  • Disney OUT .. Kent doesn't need another mickey mouse corporation blighting the landscape
  • I think there's another thread on it but the London Resort project is in all kinds of trouble. I know they've sacked two firms of solicitors because they advised withdrawing the application. 
  • It’s pretty much dead, no political support anymore, the Planning inspectorate doesn’t believe they can put a application together 
  • Jints said:
    I think there's another thread on it but the London Resort project is in all kinds of trouble. I know they've sacked two firms of solicitors because they advised withdrawing the application. 
    My first thought when this scheme was announced was “it will never happen”. Nothing since has changed my mind.
  • Jints said:
    I think there's another thread on it but the London Resort project is in all kinds of trouble. I know they've sacked two firms of solicitors because they advised withdrawing the application. 
    Has it got bogged down then
  • It won't happen because we have lost the ability and will to make these things happen.  There are pros and cons for everything in this life, this one is pretty straight forward, stay as you are, which is pretty shit let's face it or massive investment, jobs and prospects which will bring it's own shit. It was always going to disapear up its own arse.

When it was announced, I indeed thought, "no chance", the usual suspects versus the usual suspects and 10 years down the line fuck all gets done.  Enjoy the post industrial  blight, the pylons, the fumes and existing traffic chaos everyone, because it will remain the same for years to come.
  • Good news! At least, temporarily. Perhaps the one good thing to come from the government's ridiculous Freeport policy.

https://www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/news/swanscombe-saved-now-campaigners-stress-fight-not-over
  • Sponsored links:

• The Distinguished jumping spider sounds classy, I wonder if there's also a peasant jumping spider
  • Interesting I read that as well as saving the nature reserve, there are loads of decent jobs at the industrial estate that would also have gone if the theme park happened.