Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited December 2021
    Me and the boy was there, coldest I ever been at a football match. That cold we even brought the stewards a coffee to warm them up. Also not shown was a clash of heads between Rufus and another Charlton player, stopped playing for a fair while. The win in my opinion started the run to being champions.
  • Remember watching this on Sky. For some reason I thought we won this 3-0. 
  • Me and the boy was there, coldest I ever been at a football match. That cold we even brought the stewards a coffee to warm them up. Also not shown was a clash of heads between Rufus and another Charlton player, stopped playing for a fair while. The win in my opinion started the run to being champions.
    I agree. Very important result at the time. 
  • At the time one of the best performances I’d seen from a Charlton side. Truly believed we were set for good things after that.
  • I remember that game like it was this season.
    I saw it down at Bartram's (I didn't have Sky 22 years ago).
    Didn't Youds get injured?
  • Was at this game....great atmosphere and a proper 'away day'...great goal (altho down the 'wrong' end)...last time we saw Eddie Youds too, wasn't it?
  • Was at this and it was a vintage chuff turnout for a team rampant in the second tier … live on telly , festive period , all the excuses available. 
  • I remember this game well. Was up all night at a party and headed straight to the station from there - slept it off on the train up and had a thoroughly brilliant day although I just have been a bit smelly by the end of it.

Oh to be 21 again and oh to watch a team like that again in my lifetime. So many legends…..