Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | New Years Day @ 3pm | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    It's another 2010/2011 or 2016/2017 esque season. I think we'll win but the atmosphere won't be great.
  • Options
    Anyone hear the Rose of Denmark closed due to Covid staff issues ?
  • Options
    Yes - it's made it onto the official preview! Big loss of matchday income for them.
  • Options
    I can only foresee one result here. 
  • Options
    Undecided whether to go or not,just got over covid,now got an ear infection,son is away for new year so will be sitting on my jacks.....anyway,2-1 to jackos red n white army
  • Options
    Undecided whether to go or not,just got over covid,now got an ear infection,son is away for new year so will be sitting on my jacks.....anyway,2-1 to jackos red n white army
    Are we not aloud to sit on our own at football?🤣, does that make me a saddo!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thinking about going. 23 quid is a bit much for me... i'll come back to you... 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Are we not aloud to sit on our own at football?🤣, does that make me a saddo!!!!!!
    😂 No,not at all,its just nice to have someone to discuss the game with
  • Options
    Anyone hear the Rose of Denmark closed due to Covid staff issues ?
    Fans are asked to note that the popular matchday pub Rose of Denmark, situated on Woolwich Road, is currently shut due to Covid.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61cedfab2da89/match-preview-charlton-v-wycombe-wanderers
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    😂 No,not at all,its just nice to have someone to discuss the game with
    I talk to anyone!!!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wonder what sort of crowd we will see today. Interesting to see how many return after fill the valley. probably also effected by those isolating
  • Options
    I've just printed my 72 hour covid pass. could get longer but it seemed a right ball ache, anyway, will this be needed for this game? as i know of someone who has not got access to a computer to print his covid pass. 
  • Options
    Not sure on this one. They will be tired after playing Ipswich and for us it really depends who is isolating or not? We need wins and top two form. Today will not help, 1-1.
  • Options
    Happy New Year @ForeverAddickted .. I'll be (almost) happy with a draw today .. Wycombe have gone off the boil a wee bit and we must be a little rusty after a long lay off .. so

Wycombe Wanderers 1 v CAFC 1
  • Options
    Ainsworth absent due to Covid.
  • Options
    Hope he has good recovery
  • Options
    Obviously I wish him well, but they managed quite well last season when he missed a few games after an operation, so it won't affect things too much
  • Options
    Wycombe making him unavailable for today in case the noble Earl Sandgaard tries to sign him as rhythm guitarist for his band.
  • Options
    Win today and we’ll be 10 points behind Wycombe who are currently 6th. Need to string together a run of wins to pull nearer to the top 6 and it’s still possible. 

2 - 0 today, Washington and Purrington
  • Options
    no Stockley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Stockley out. Davison and Washington up front.

Rest of the team looks just about spot on.
  • Options
    Jayden must still be in self isolation 
  • Options
    Injured according to the official site
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Lets see if Josh can reinvent his form earlier in the season. 

It shows just how we are impacted in some areas following an injury.
  • Options
    Injured according to the official site
    Yeah Louis "Palace" Mendez has confirmed its a niggle too - Thank god for the FA Cup next week, means he has an extra amount of time to recover. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Pearce (c), Famewo; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Davison, Washington

Subs: Henderson, Inniss, Souaré, Watson, Morgan, Leko, Burstow

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61d05d36089a1/team-news-three-changes-for-new-years-day

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!