Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warship: Life at Sea

HMS DUNCAN can detect a cricket ball sized object, 150 miles away, travelling at three times the speed of sound. On Channel 5. All available on demand. Just started watching this. Such a great insight (albeit small) into how the Royal Navy operates. Hats off to our armed forces.

Comments

• Options
    Really interesting, first time I've seen such an open ' wart's an all' exposé of life at the cutting edge of our navy.
    Have to say at times the vessel looks less than ship shape. The main gun out of action cos water got in.
    Then whil tracking a Russian sub the sonar breaks down and we lose the sub.
    Can't wait for next episode though.
  • Options
    Great series.

• Options
    HMS DUNCAN can detect a cricket ball sized object, 150 miles away, travelling at three times the speed of sound. On Channel 5. All available on demand. Just started watching this. Such a great insight (albeit small) into how the Royal Navy operates. Hats off to our armed forces.
    Deploy it to the English Channel then, it should be a breeze detecting inflatable dinghy's. 
  • Options
    Excellant programme. 
  • Options
    Didn’t know this was on, I watched the first series which was great. Kind of feels like it languishes a bit on 5. 

Anyone with prime should look up the series about the nuclear submarine command course, called the perisher. It’s about 10 years old now, but a fascinating insight. 
  • Options
    Really interesting, first time I've seen such an open ' wart's an all' exposé of life at the cutting edge of our navy.
    Have to say at times the vessel looks less than ship shape. The main gun out of action cos water got in.
    Then whil tracking a Russian sub the sonar breaks down and we lose the sub.
    Can't wait for next episode though.
    Have to say I thought that. Wear and tear I guess. Just started episode 4 of series 1. There are three series available on demand. 
  • Options
    Didn’t know this was on, I watched the first series which was great. Kind of feels like it languishes a bit on 5. 

Anyone with prime should look up the series about the nuclear submarine command course, called the perisher. It’s about 10 years old now, but a fascinating insight. 
    Cheers will do. 
  • Options
    I had to laugh at the Skipper in a tee shirt on deck in the Arctic Circle.