Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton & HA

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
see that at long last they have been given permission to build a new ground at Falmer. About bloody time too.

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff, chuffed for them.
  • Options
    Good for them.

Anyone else go to the Fans United day when they beat Harlepool 5-0.
  • Options
    About time

I remember a couple of good days out at the Goldstone
  • Options
    Good news. They've waited long enough.
  • Options
    Quality
  • Options
    Great news
  • Options
    Anyone else go to the Fans United day when they beat Harlepool 5-0.[/quote]

I was there Henry, if i remember rightly there was loads of charlton. great day out. A friend of a friend helped organise and came back to the Valley and paraded around the pitch with a (dodgy) home made banner thanking all Charlton Fans for their support.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Good for them.

Fantastic news.

I did as well. It was a brilliant day out with the added Charlton angle of one Steve Gritt (He's got no hair but we don't care) as Brighton manager.

Since then I have never shopped at Focus DIY (I always spit when I go past our local one!!)

The Albion has become my second team.
  • Options
    Great news. That area has so much potential for a 'big' club to be there... Pompey and Palace being the closest league teams to them.

Let's hope it doesn't take as long to build as Wembley...
  • Options
    Are you sure about this news? On Meridian news this morning it said that the Residents are trying to block it yet again today. Probably a bunch of bleedin coffin dodgers with nothing better to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, was on the news this morning, and is on Brighton's website...

Falmer
  • Options
    I was there with Addickted Junior in our Charlton tops.

He still wears the T Shirt given to him by the Brighton faithfull.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Good for them.

I was there with my mate Simon a die hard BHAFC supporter.

When Brighton made the cup final in 1983 he was living and working in South Afica. He sold up and moved himself and family back to the UK and went to the final
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Are you sure about this news? On Meridian news this morning it said that the Residents are trying to block it yet again today. Probably a bunch of bleedin coffin dodgers with nothing better to do.

You're right - there is still an opportunity to appeal the decision - I think they have up to six weeks - and if that happens it would put the process back yet another year!
  • Options
    I heard Dick Knight - Brighton chariman today pleading with local residents not to appeal this decision. (They still have a right of appeal). He sounded quite concerned that they would appeal and thus this may not yet be the final word on the new stadium.
  • Options
    Bout bloody time to, will it have a park nearby for a good old fashioned punch up afterwards.. guess not runs for cover?
  • Options
    got to love Brighton - they hate palarse too