Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big changes to the loan market

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think we have to accept that football is not like any other business. No other business has such customer loyalty, for example, or employees who are out of a job at 35. 

I thought the window was brought in to solve a problem - e.g. Leicester are storming towards the title, then in March the other three big clubs pop in to hoover up their best four players? 

I believe it is not ideal, and maybe changes need to be made regarding the timing of it (but then if it takes place during the close season, when do people working in football get a break?).     
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Chelsea and Man City will just find ways around it and continue with their player farms. They'll probably just poach more youngsters 
    Man City will have 6 players out on loan

As will New York City FC

And Melbourne City FC

And Montevideo City Torque FC

And Mumbai City FC

And Troyes

And Girona....

There's plenty of ways around it, and City have a large club network now, so very easy to circumvent using those clubs
    ^this is probably inevitable

Add into that UEFA & FIFA's total incompetence in challenging the activities of the biggest/richest clubs, as seen when Man City got off all charges around funding/overspending
    The well funded clubs will always afford better/more expensive/actually competent professionals to construct the practices and then defend them