Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meat Loaf - RIP

edited January 2022 in General Charlton
Just announced Meatloaf has died at age 74.....oh my god....Bat out of Hell and all his music I absolutely loved have most of it on my play list. Saw him live in concert, best live concert I've ever seen.  RIP Sir and thank you for everything!!!

Comments

• Options
    Great cameo in Wayne's World, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP big man
  • Options
    Absolute class act.  So many good songs.  I can imagine hearing some of his numbers live must’ve sent shivers down the spine.  One of the all time greats for me.  RIP 
  • Options
    Enjoy a glass Rock n Rollin brew in his memory. RIP
  • Options
    Ah man, loved Meatloaf. 

Growing up in the 80s my dad rarely listened to music but he had this Meatloaf/ Bonnie Tyler combo cassette that would forever get played when he had a bath. 

There was a great bar near Cannon St called Deacons back in the 90s that was very popular with traders. Had a big jukebox when you walked in and I don’t remember ever being in that pub without You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth playing. Had some memories of brilliant nights in that bar and that song will always be synonymous to it for me. 
    I remember Deacons well, great bar.

Bat out of Hell still in the top 10 selling albums of all time apparently.

RIP
  • Options
    Was gonna get all sad  - But I wont do that.

RIP big man
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Ah man, loved Meatloaf. 

Growing up in the 80s my dad rarely listened to music but he had this Meatloaf/ Bonnie Tyler combo cassette that would forever get played when he had a bath. 

There was a great bar near Cannon St called Deacons back in the 90s that was very popular with traders. Had a big jukebox when you walked in and I don’t remember ever being in that pub without You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth playing. Had some memories of brilliant nights in that bar and that song will always be synonymous to it for me. 
    Wow Deacons … remember it well … had some great nights in there in the 80’s/90’s before I left the City and it was a terrific jukebox … first one I came across that had This is not a Love Song by PiL. 

RIP Meatloaf 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    No one could mistake Meat Loaf either by sight or voice. The Steinman/Meatloaf combo produced one of the most successful albums of all time. 

RIP
  • Options
    Ah man, loved Meatloaf. 

Has some very wonky evenings in Deacons 😀😀😀

“Anything for love” was MASSIVE when I was 17, just making my way in life and playing football for Phoenix Soorts.  Such good memories for me.

rip big fella
  • Options
    Ah, that's a great shame. RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP Meaty
  • Options
    Bat Out Of Hell - What a tune . RIP big man 
  • Options
    Rest in peace Meat. A truly iconic singer, and the soundtrack to many years communting to Charlton games (very limited selection in my dad's car!) Think the first two songs of bat out of hell II got us out of London and onto the M25
  • Options
    Really nice guy, met him in Nottingham filming the TV special on the 10th anniversary of Elvis' death. Totally down to earth and a good laugh. RIP big man.  
  • Options
    Brings back memories of getting a lift back to my college up in Suffolk after a weekend at home, with an ex-copper who'd always have Bat Out Of Hell playing, without fail. Only problem was, he'd turn it down so we could chat about the weekend etc., then leave it barely audible for the rest of the journey. It was like Rob Bridon's "Man in a box" singing Meatloaf 
  • Options
    Heard Bat out of Hell on the radio yesterday (full album version) & so glad I sung it with gusto.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Meatloaf. You can team up with Jim Steinman again now.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    RIP big fella, great singer.
    Apart from the irritating ‘if I offered you my throat’ talking bit in Bat Out Of Hell, that album is one of those perfect flawless albums. Fantastic collaboration with Jim Steinman, operatic in concept makes it a classic album in more sense than one.
    Really sad day, but a big legacy left behind for everyone.
  • Options
    Somewhat incredibly he was a Hartlepool fan. Sadly we'll never get to see him as a Smurf or an Oompahloompah now.

RIP
  • Options
    A genuinely iconic figure and a very sad loss for music. RIP. 
  • Options
    Another legend gone,this guys music was unique,RIP
  • Options
    What a legend. As Stephen fry said on Twitter - could be terrifying and cuddly all at the same time, which was exactly his charm and seemingly impossible for anyone else to do. A real loss.
  • Options
    When I was a teenager / in my 20’s, I would ridicule people who liked Meatloaf - but, as I got older and wiser, I realised I had been an idiot - love his stuff now, with my favourite being ‘Paradise by the dashboard light’ - he was great in the film Fightclub 

RIP big man - you made so many people very very happy
  • Options
    his music really was for all generations and by all accounts a nice bloke and a good laugh

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Meat Loaf.

Always been a massive fan of the rock ballad, and he is pretty much as good as it gets.