Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Honeymoon help

2»

Comments

• Just roofie her. When she wakes up on a tropical island all will be forgiven.
  • Hi all,
    due to go on Honeymoon August this year.
    long story short my partner cannot fly and therefore our original destination is out question,
    so I am looking for advice/ideas of places can go where can train/ferry or what have you.

basically want somewhere sunny. So far south of france was the ideal but it still looks quite long winded to get there.

cruise is also an option though unsure as never done one before.

thanks in advance 

Can you share any of the following?

- What's your age profile?
     - Do you want lively or peaceful, adults only or not fussed?
     - Do you want to sit by a pool and sunbathe or be active (or if both whats the mix)?
     - What is most important to you - entertainment, facilities (spa etc), food, nightlife etc etc.
     - How independent do you want to be (do your own thing or have someone else do things for you?
     - is there anything you definitely don't want to do?
     - And the killer - how much do you want to spend (excluding spending money)?

Happy to offer some thoughts...
    Bloody hell, it’s Charlton Life, not Tinder.
  • Hi all,
    long story short my partner cannot fly and therefore our original destination is out question,
    so I am looking for advice/ideas of places can go where can train/ferry or what have you.

basically want somewhere sunny. So far south of france was the ideal but it still looks quite long winded to get there.

thanks in advance 

- Do you want to sit by a pool and sunbathe or be active (or if both whats the mix)?
     - What is most important to you - entertainment, facilities (spa etc), food, nightlife etc etc.
     - How independent do you want to be (do your own thing or have someone else do things for you?

Bloody hell, it’s Charlton Life, not Grindr.
  • From what you want id seriously consider a Mediterranean cruise out of Southampton. Not all cruises are for just old duffers and personally I think they’re fantastic and offer something for everyone now. Just look for one company / ship wise that’s more appealing to a younger market. 

If not I’d suggest Eurostar to Paris then a TGV down to the Cannes / Nice / Monaco region (which would be about 5-6hrs and £40/£50 each way) and have your sun holiday there. 
  • Hi all,

thanks in advance 

Age 36 and 32 
    prob a peaceful place but with a bit of atmosphere there or somewhere near can visit for this 
    prefer to relax sit by pool sunbathe in day (one of non flying reasons due to partners back so limits her being very active) 
    most important for me is sun and food and my partner would say spa and entertainment prob 
    for me the only defo no no is somewhere weather not great and lots of walking required which not possible for other half 
    as for budget prob 3-4K mark 
    Cheers 
    So you're not too young to cruise

You can sit by the pool

Eat and drink to your hearts content

Fantastic Spas

Plenty of entertainment laid on

On days when the ship is somewhere, stay on board and have the ship to yourself or jump in a taxi and sit on a beach - have lunch in town

For £4k you will get yourself a nice balcony cabin...

https://www.iglucruise.com/search?hitsPerPage=15&refinementList[itinerary.destinations.en][0]=Mediterranean&refinementList[cruiseTypeNameNew][0]=No Fly Cruise&refinementList[cruiseTypeNameNew][1]=Cruise and Stay&refinementList[departure_seaport.port_name.en][0]=Southampton

Try and get as many perks as you can, drinks, internet, etc. Drinks can be very expensive on some of the ships. P&O probably have the most pub like pricing but this is from a few years ago and could have changed. Helps with pricing if you let them allocate a cabin of the grade you are looking for but of course, no idea where you may end up but it would be of the appropriate grade.

• Take her camping in your garden, she will appreciate the kitchen more afterwards 
    One would hope he’s camped in her garden considering it’s a honeymoon.
    Nah, saving themselves, that’s why the honeymoon is FULLERpromise 
  • How about the Isles of Scilly? 

Five inhabited sub tropical islands, white sands, clear blue water, 25 miles off Lands End. 

https://www.wedmagazine.co.uk/Honeymoons-Isles-Of-Scilly.html 
  • edited January 2022
    Eurostar to Cologne, and then a river cruise down the Rhine. Or same then ICE to Munich.
  • Unfortunately, with August being in the school holidays you are going to pay so much more. Any chance you can delay until September when the weather in the Med is still great?
  • edited January 2022
    I'm driving to Italy with the family and the dog this year. You can set a target destination and give yourself relatively short daily journeys booking reasonable hotels using online booking sites. Three nights will get you to most places and you will see some sights as well if you plan it right.

If you type your start point and stop point into google it tells you roughly how long the drive will be. So my first stop will be St Dizier which is 3hrs 43 mins from Calais.

It is true that August will cost more. Just before or after the peak season will be a lot cheaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• isle of grain - visited recently saw a chip shop a co-op and a car detailing place
  • Could take her to Bangor.
  • South of France -take Eurostar to Paris and then one of their super fast trains south
    Whilst you are there, see if she wants to be taken up the Eiffel tower.
    Bit more local, take her up the oxo tower
  • Get on the Queen Mary and go to Florida.
  • Fascinating thread, hope you manage to give her what she wants…
  • Honeymoon Help.

As least post a photo of her, you may get some volunteers.