Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

‘Ere we go - football chants

I’ve not been to many Charlton (or any) football matches in England. Do crowds still sing the ‘here we go here we go’ song or is that dated? 

It would be nice to see a listing of the Charlton main stays. The ones that are timeless and I’ll accept any that have been sung for a decent number of seasons which might limit you to ones about JJ and Pearce.

thanks in advance  

Comments

• Options
    Today we were treated to that timeless ditty 'your support is fucking shit' to the plucky little band from Fleetwood.  

Are the lyrics for the entirety of this song “your support is fucking shit”? if so it’s masterfully succinct. Practically haiku.
  • Options
    Today we were treated to that timeless ditty 'your support is fucking shit' to the plucky little band from Fleetwood.  

Are the lyrics for the entirety of this song “your support is fucking shit”? if so it’s masterfully succinct. Practically haiku.

Yes.
  • Options
    And your contribution was?
  • Options
    ROTW said:

A lot better than that.
  • Options
    Elliot Lee is the new white Jimmy Traore
  • Options
    I enjoyed Fleetwoods “what the fucking hell is that” to the god awful phone torch thing
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I enjoyed Fleetwoods “what the fucking hell is that” to the god awful phone torch thing
    I thought that was the upper north singing that! 
    correct about who sang it, incorrect about the name of the stand  ;)
  • Options
    ROTW said:

A lot better than that.
    Care to elaborate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I joined in with that! Hope their batteries went flat on their phones 
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    ROTW said:

A lot better than that.
    Care to elaborate 
    Not really.
  • Options
    I’ve not been to many Charlton (or any) football matches in England. Do crowds still sing the ‘here we go here we go’ song or is that dated? 

It would be nice to see a listing of the Charlton main stays. The ones that are timeless and I’ll accept any that have been sung for a decent number of seasons which might limit you to ones about JJ and Pearce.

thanks in advance  
    Not heard that for years/decades.

Wasn't it a 1980s Everton FA Cup song which pioneered that literary masterpiece...
  • Options
    Apologies! Missed the game today so watched at home, presumed it was the away fans. Glad it was ours.
  • Options

thanks in advance  

Wasn't it a 1980s Everton FA Cup song which pioneered that literary masterpiece...
    Interesting . Are there any songs sung about curbs or other past heroes or does the crowd only sing about what’s in front of them?
  • Options
    Agh, the good old days.

I miss , does the social know you’re here?

and live round the corner, you only live round the corner.
  • Options
    I’ve not been to many Charlton (or any) football matches in England. 
    That's normally followed by "but Im looking for tickets to the Millwall game...."
  • Options
    There's a curious often sung chant to players:
    'You know what you are' but I don't think the targeted player knows what he is, except I suppose that he knows he's a footballer.
  • Options
    correct about who sang it, incorrect about the name of the stand  ;)
    Sorry, the covered end :smile:
  • Options
    The "Mason Burstow one of our own"was a nice touch as was him presenting a kid with his shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

thanks in advance  

Interesting . Are there any songs sung about curbs or other past heroes or does the crowd only sing about what’s in front of them?
    “Sam Bartram, Jimmy Seed
    We won the FA Cup
    I know you won’t believe us*
    But the reds are going up**”

*not 100% sure this is the actual line, it’s what I sing though

**they aren’t 
  • Options
    Not heard it since the early 90s.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

thanks in advance  

“Sam Bartram, Jimmy Seed
    We won the FA Cup

**they aren’t 
    I wasnt sure but wondered if it had been altered to: "the reds are staying up"
  • Options
    se9addick said:

thanks in advance  

“Sam Bartram, Jimmy Seed
    We won the FA Cup

**they aren’t 
    I wasnt sure but wondered if it had been altered to: "the reds are staying up"
    Probably more accurate (hopefully!)
  • Options

thanks in advance  

Not much but on away trips you do hear chants sung about past heroes. mainly those that played in the 90s. occasionally heard older songs for players. KILLER. It's usually in a pub or away from the drummer. 

• Options
    TEL said:
    The "Mason Burstow one of our own"was a nice touch as was him presenting a kid with his shirt.
    I saw him play for Welling Utd U18s in the FA Youth Cup. They should get a bit of credit.
  • Options
    I can remember a Two Ronnie’s sketch where they’re sitting in a plane with their football scarves around their necks only to hear a captains announcement that the plane is out of control, spiralling to the ground.  The Two Ronnie’s hold their scarves above their heads singing - ‘ere we go, ‘ere we go, ‘ere we go.  

Tried to find the clip on utube but couldn’t unfortunately.
  • Options
    I can remember a Two Ronnie’s sketch where they’re sitting in a plane with their football scarves around their necks only to hear a captains announcement that the plane is out of control, spiralling to the ground.  The Two Ronnie’s hold their scarves above their heads singing - ‘ere we go, ‘ere we go, ‘ere we go.  

Tried to find the clip on utube but couldn’t unfortunately.
    On a Charlton charter flight from London City Airport to Plymouth (I think) the supporters sang "we are going up" as we took off which I thought was quite amusing. Great views of The Valley too.
  • Options
    Apologies! Missed the game today so watched at home, presumed it was the away fans. Glad it was ours.
    Haha...that did make me smile, although i quite uite like the lights tbf! Covered End started it  but Fleetwood gleefully joined in. Few around me in the AC too. For what it's worth I thought the fleetwood fans were brilliant. Good atmosphere from them with the drummer